Recipes of traditional medicine used for the treatment of many diseases, and psoriasis is no exception. These recipes are tested and proven effective among many patients suffering from this unpleasant skin disease. They can be used at different stages of the disease and to ensure more long-term remission.
Before using popular recipes from psoriasis are advised to consult a doctor and make sure that you have no contraindications or allergic reactions to one of the ingredients of the recipe, and then the treatment of psoriasis folk remedies at home will do you only good.
The basic rules of home therapy
Home treatment has its own characteristics and some rules. Here are the main ones:
- apply a few folk ways (for example, a decoction of herbs for ingestion and prescription ointments or lotions);
- to achieve positive dynamics it is necessary to pass the recommended course of treatment (about 7-10 procedures), because the holding of 2-4 procedures will have no effect;
- during treatment folk methods not to waive compliance with doctor's recommendations (diet, protecting the skin from temperature effects and of the sun, medication, etc.).
Most doctors recommend the use of folk techniques during remission of the disease, but some of the recipes can be applied in the acute stage.
Folk remedies from psoriasis for oral administration
For the treatment of psoriasis folk medicine recommends the intake of decoctions and infusions of medicinal herbs which normalize the metabolism, eliminate deficiencies, stimulate the immune system and ensure the normal functioning of the digestive tract. To buy raw materials to make them better in pharmacies or in specialized stores.
The herbs 1
- grass succession: 20 g;
- calamus root – 20 g;
- the black elderberry flowers – 15 g;
- the roots of elecampane – 15 g;
- cowberry leaves – 15 g;
- horsetail – 15 g;
- celandine – 10 g;
- corn silk – 15
All the ingredients to chop and mix. Place in fireproof dish 2 full tablespoons of collecting herbs, add 500 ml of boiling water and then in a preheated oven for about half an hour. Give the infusion to cool and strain. This herb should take 100 ml twice a day for 2 weeks. After 2 weeks of the course may be repeated.
The herbs 2
- currant leaves – 300 g;
- the black elderberry flowers – 300 g;
- walnut leaves – 200 g;
- viola tricolor – 200 g;
- cottonweed forest – 200 g;
- horsetail – 200 g;
- Linden flowers – 200 g;
- celandine – 100 g
All the ingredients to chop and mix. In a glass bowl place 2 full tablespoons of collecting herbs, add 500 ml of boiling water, cover, wrap with a towel and leave for 2-3 hours. Strained infusion to drink 2/3 Cup 3 times a day. This collection of herbs should take 2 weeks, and 2 weeks break, repeat the course.
Collection of herbs 3
- burdock root – 100 g;
- viola tricolor – 100 g;
- elder flowers – 50 g;
- cnicus – 50 g;
- nettle leaves – 50 g.
All the ingredients to chop and mix. A teaspoon of herb to place in a glass bowl, pour 500 ml boiling water, cover and wrap with a towel. Strained infusion take 200 ml 2-3 times a day (between meals). This collection of herbs should take 2 weeks, and 2 weeks break, repeat the course.
The herbs 4
- nettle leaves – 300 g;
- dandelion roots – 200 g;
- burdock root – 300 g
All the ingredients to chop and mix. A full tablespoon of the collection of herbs placed in an enamel bowl, add 500 ml of boiling water, cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes. To insist under a warm towel for one hour. To drink for 2 weeks 100 ml 3 times a day. Take a break for 2 weeks.
The herbs 5
- the root of the family Caryophyllaceae – 3 tablespoons;
- burdock root – 2 tablespoons.
All the ingredients to grind and mix, put in a container, pour 600 ml of boiling water for 10 minutes to withstand a water bath. Insist 40 minutes, strain and drink the broth throughout the day. To drink for 2 weeks. Take a break for 2 weeks.
Tincture of Sophora japonica
- flowers of Sophora japonica – 3 tablespoons;
- vodka (plain) – 500 ml.
Flowers of Sophora japonica to put in a glass bowl, pour vodka and insist in a dark place (e.g. cupboard) during the month (occasionally the dishes with the infusion shake). Drink 5 ml 3 times a day. The length of treatment is 3 months.
Tincture of the roots of elecampane
- the roots of elecampane – 250 g;
- vodka (plain) – 500 ml.
Rhizomes of elecampane to grind, place in a glass bowl, pour vodka and insist in a dark place for 2 weeks (occasionally a container of infusion shake). Drink 15-20 drops mixed with small amount water, 3 times a day. Tincture take 1 month, 2 weeks course may be repeated.
Folk remedies for external use
For the treatment of psoriasis folk medicine offers many recipes for ointments, lotions and other external means. They help to eliminate the discomfort and inflammation, soften, and moisturize more rapid healing of the skin.
Ointment of propolis
In an enamel bowl put 250 grams of butter, bring to a slow frying boiling. Remove from heat and add to the hot oil 25 g comminuted to a powder of propolis. The resulting mixture was constantly stirred until cool. The ointment is placed in a sterilized glass container with a lid and store in the fridge.
Before applying this tool, damaged psoriasis skin treated with a swab moistened with hydrogen peroxide, and dry it with a tissue from a sterile bandage. Ointment apply a thin layer 1-2 times a day.
Ointment from the roots of elecampane
Unsalted fat grind in a meat grinder and place in an enamel bowl. Add a tablespoon of roots of elecampane (it is better to grind in a coffee grinder), mix well and boil the mixture on low heat for about 15 minutes. The resulting mass strain and place in sterilized glass jar, cover and store in the fridge.
Affected by psoriasis the skin to lubricate 1 per day. Can be combined with lotions and bath of decoction of the roots elecampane.
Ointment of tar and camphor oil
Mix in a glass container until smooth 150 g pharmacy birch tar, camphor 150 ml of ethanol, 75 ml of alcohol and 3 egg yolks. Ointment to the lid, and store in the refrigerator.
3-4 times a day to lubricate the mixture psoriasis outbreaks. Do not rinse. After 3 days wash using lye soap. To make the procedure 4-5 times.
Ointment of tar, fish oil and copper sulfate
In an enamel bowl place 1 tablespoon of birch tar, 1 teaspoon of cod liver oil, 1 teaspoon butter and ½ teaspoon of copper sulphate. All ingredients mix to a smooth consistency and boil on slow heat for about 5 minutes. Ointment to pour in sterilized glass container, cover and store in the fridge.
The agent should be applied on the lesions of psoriasis times a day. The treatment lasts about a month.
Grass celandine grind into powder and mix with the same amount of pharmaceutical vaseline. The resulting ointment is placed in a sterilized glass container.
The preparation is applied to psoriatic areas of the body for three days, on the fourth day, take a break. In this mode, the ointment is applied for six months, but every month is a break of one week.
Lotions from decoctions of herbs
For the treatment of psoriasis may recommend lotions from decoctions of herbs. Such folk remedies have anti-inflammatory, astringent, or soothing effect.
To prepare such decoctions can be used:
- flax seeds;
- viola tricolor;
- St. John's wort;
- celandine, etc.
Decoctions prepared according to the instructions on the package, and to perform the procedure in their moistened gauze, which before applying to the skin wrung out thoroughly. After 10 minutes (as the warming lotion) the fabric is again dipped in the broth, wring out and apply. Such actions repeat in an hour. Lotions are recommended to run twice a day, and the duration of their application depends on the degree of damage to the skin.
For the treatment of psoriasis may recommend a therapeutic bath of decoction of herbs, which, in addition to local effects on the affected by psoriasis patches of skin, beneficially affect the General health. Such procedures stabilize the nervous system, accelerate and regulate metabolism.
For the preparation of therapeutic baths in psoriasis can be used such recipes:
- herb 4 parts chicory roots, 4 parts of Valerian root, 2 parts oregano, 2 parts of hawthorn berries, 2 parts hops 1 part celandine – 300 g of a mixture of herbs pour 10 liters of cold water, after boiling, the decoction infuse for 40 minutes, strain and add to bath with warm (not hot!) water, the procedure should last about 15-20 minutes, take baths 2 or 3 times a week for 4-6 weeks;
- decoction of herbs of the genus of the Clove – 2 cups of chopped herbs pour water, after 1.5 hours boil for 15 minutes and infuse for an hour, strain the broth and add to the bath, the procedure lasts about 15-20 minutes and is performed in a day, you should take 10-14 bath;
- a decoction of yarrow – 3 cups of herbs pour a water and infuse for 1.5 hours, boil for about 20 minutes and infuse for an hour, strain and add to the bath, the procedure lasts about 15-20 minutes and is performed in a day, you should take 10-14 bath;
- a decoction of a succession – make as a decoction for the bath of yarrow;
- sea salt in 2 litres of warm water dissolve 1000 g of sea salt (without additives), the resulting solution was poured into the bath, the procedure lasts about 15-20 minutes and is performed 2 times a week, after the body should be rinsed under a shower, the course of treatment consists of 15-20 baths.
Psoriasis treatment with clay
The use of clay for the treatment of psoriasis based on the fact that the substances contained in it, is able to absorb the toxic products accumulated in the skin. Also, this natural product has a drying effect, saturates the tissues with essential minerals and normalizes cellular metabolism.
For the treatment of psoriasis can be used any clays, but the greatest effect was seen from using the blue clay.
3-4 full tablespoons of clay mixed in a small amount of water and the resulting mixture pour into the tub filled with ¼ warm water. The duration is 10 minutes. After bath body rinse with clean water. Such procedures can be carried out in a day or daily. It is necessary to take 7-10 baths.
- Mix equal proportions of clay and coarse salt, add a small amount of broth series (the consistency should resemble thick cream). Apply the obtained mixture on the cloth and apply it on the affected area of the skin. Suitable to withstand for two hours. Cloth to remove remnants of clay and rinse with warm water or a decoction of a succession.
- Mix clay and vinegar (1:3). The solution was to add coarse salt (1:1) and mix. The consistency of the therapeutic composition should resemble thick cream. Apply the mixture on the lesions of psoriasis and leave for 4 hours. The rest of the clay rinse with warm water.
Of an application it is necessary to perform 1 time per day for 7-14 days. After 2 weeks break, repeat the course.
In clay add warm boiled water (or a decoction of medicinal herbs) and dilute it to the consistency of sour cream. The mixture layer of 1-3 cm. spread on cloth and applied to lesions of psoriasis. Compress to lock and wrap a warm cloth. After 3 hours, remove the bandage, and the rest of the clay rinse with warm water. The procedure was performed 2-3 times a day. The course of treatment – 7-14 days.
Psoriasis is a disease that requires a long and complex therapy. During remission you might need a remedy that will help to get rid of many unpleasant sensations and restore the body's defenses. Be sure to follow all doctor's recommendations and be healthy!