Psoriasis — is a severe autoimmune disease of the skin. It requires a long and complex treatment. Even in ancient times people knew how to treat psoriasis folk remedies. Modern treatments are not always effective, and the hormonal drugs have many side effects on the body.
Traditional medicine includes various recipes for the treatment of psoriasis using ointments, baths, compresses, herbal, herbs, tar, soda and other substances. Treatment should be complex and may combine several methods. Thus it is necessary to follow a diet, to refuse Smoking and alcohol, avoid breakdowns, take complex vitamins.
Treatment of psoriasis with traditional methods
In the treatment of psoriasis, various herbal infusions. They are effective and eliminate the symptoms of the disease. Folk remedies for the treatment of psoriasis grandma's recipes:
- Take the roots of the blackberries 20 g and infuse in 1 quart of water for 8-10 hours, then cook 20 minutes and strain. One part of the drink hot, and the second during the day. The duration of treatment is 20 days.
- If the psoriasis appeared on the scalp, helps leaf juice Golden mustache. It should be rubbed into the scalp and after shampooing rinse hair decoction of the plant.
- Prepare the infusion of Sambucus nigra: 2 tsp. berries to take half a liter of water. Drink the infusion 3 times a day half a Cup. You can drink water with fir in the same doses.
- To burn the branch of wild rose, to take the ashes from them and mix in equal parts with vaseline. This ointment to lubricate the affected areas of the skin.
- A folk remedy for psoriasis on the body: finely chop young baskets sunflower and pour in the white wine, leave for 2 days. The prepared infusion and apply as a compress to the affected areas of the skin. You can make bandages and keep them 2-3 hours. Psoriasis face sunflower infusion is used for washing.
- Tincture of chicory. Take 2 tablespoons minced root and pour 1 Cup of boiling water. Put in a water bath, keep on water bath for 15 minutes, then cooled and filtered. Moisten a cloth and apply to the affected area for half an hour. After 5 days the swelling goes down, and after 10 skin clear.
- Take birch tar, 50 g, honey 10 g, ash branches hips 20 g., castor oil 20 g, 1 fresh egg white. The ingredients mix and leave for 3 days. Lubricate the inflamed skin.
- Psoriasis nails well help herbal baths of celandine, nettle, elecampane, St. John's wort, succession, calamus.
- Clear 0.5 kg of nuts and eat the kernel with honey. The shell, pour boiling water, then strain through cheesecloth. The resulting broth pour into the tub, add enough water to fill a quarter of the tub. In a tub you need to lie down for half an hour. After this you need to lie down for 1.5-2 hours. Baths for 3 days, preferably in the evening during the period of exacerbation, then the skin calms, relieves inflammation.
- Copper sulfate is only suitable for adults. 1, 5 liters of boiled water to pour half a Cup of copper sulfate and half of the pharmaceutical packaging of potassium permanganate. Mix well, moisten a cotton swab in the solution and treating the affected areas once. Leave for 4-5 hours, then take a shower or bath. After this wound dry up and the pain goes away. The treatment is repeated not earlier than dry plaque after the first use of drugs.
In the treatment of psoriasis folk remedies include taking baths herbal celandine, chamomile, St. John's wort, lemon balm and others. The bath water should be warm, not hot, to avoid damage to the skin. To take a bath to 2-3 times a week for 30 minutes, starting the first procedure for 10 minutes. After bath don't dry off, let the skin dry itself. Then lubricate the skin with healing cream or ointment. Bath relieves inflammation, eliminates itching and burning, pain symptoms.
Traditional treatments of psoriasis
Oil from the eggs included in traditional methods of treatment of psoriasis on the body. It is very effective. For this you need to boil hard-boiled eggs and remove the yolks, cut them in half and dry pan fry thick slices on low heat until the begin to stand out reddish oily liquid. To collect the liquid and lubricate the affected area.
Ointment of celandine to treat inflamed skin. It is necessary to prepare alcoholic extract of celandine: take 1 part herbs to 2 parts of a 50% solution of alcohol. To insist in a dark place for 10-12 days. Alcoholic extract mixed with pork fat or petroleum jelly and heat in a water bath until then, until you evaporate the alcohol.
During treatment this drug can be taken orally, 20 drops of the extract every day, diluting it with vodka or alcohol to reduce the content of the juice of celandine. Extract can drink 1/4 Cup of juice of plantain. Additionally, you can use compresses and baths with a decoction of celandine, which allow you to get rid of pain, itching, burning and other unpleasant sensations. It's pretty effective. 2-3 days after first applying the medicine you will feel relief. Over time, inflammatory processes take place.
Among folk remedies from psoriasis on the hands and feet secrete a juice of celandine. They lubricate the inflamed skin. You need to take and grind the stems of the plant and use the juice. Juice of celandine applied to the sore area and it absorbs quickly into the skin. Due to its composition, the juice of the plant may penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin by acting on inflammation and dries within the surface of the skin in areas of psoriatic plaques. The juice should be applied to the skin 3-4 times with a break of 2-3 minutes. During this time the juice is easily absorbed into the skin. The procedure should be repeated 2-3 times a day, which can quickly eliminate the inflammation and burning sensation.
If your psoriasis progresses and lasts for 3 years, you can apply the following scheme of therapy:
- The collection of herbs: grass series 4 tablespoons herb celandine 1 tablespoon elder flowers 3 tablespoons, flowers St. John's wort-4 tablespoons, calamus root 3 tablespoons of leaves, cranberries 2 tbsp. Mix all the ingredients. 1 tablespoon of herbal mixture brew 1 Cup of boiling water and insist for half an hour. Filter and take half a Cup 2 times a day after meals for 1-2 months.
- Drinking the extract of Eleutherococcus 40-50 drops in the morning and afternoon before meals. If alcohol-containing medications for the patient to accept impossible, to replace them with saparal 2 tablets, ginseng or rose root before meals in the morning and afternoon.
Recommendations for the treatment of psoriasis
To eliminate the symptoms of psoriasis you need to treat folk remedies and to comply with certain recommendations. You should drink anti-anxiety medications, calcium supplements, vitamins A, B1, B6, B12, C, folic, nicotinic acid, ATP, pirogenal and other means to strengthen the immune system. To lubricate the affected areas 1-2% salicylic ointment, 5-10% ointment tar and others. It is recommended to take regular baths with broth, celandine, sage, chamomile, succession. The skin after the bath do not wipe. You can make compresses of herbal infusions. In the morning hours tend to sunburn, to dry out the skin. Winter is UV irradiation. The skin can be treated with fish oil, drink supplements with algae, apply sea salt. In the diet should be plenty of fruit, honey, fresh salads, vegetables, especially celery.
Nails need to be trimmed, so as not to injure the skin if you itch. The skin should be protected from cuts and injuries as they can cause a new rash of psoriasis. While processing the hands of drugs from psoriasis you need to wear cotton gloves after applying the ointments, so they do not fall on mucous membranes as can cause severe irritation. Clothing for psoriasis should be easy, simple, do not squeeze the skin, preferably made from natural materials: cotton, linen. Synthetics should be deleted, as it causes itching and allergies. The color of clothing is best to choose light colors to be seen skin scales.
Air conditioning in rooms badly dry the skin, so you should try to spend less time in such conditions. The sun's rays help to heal the skin from the plaques, but burn the sun is impossible, so choose the right time for sunbathing. The doctor should advise how much time you can stay in the sun. Eliminate alcohol, Smoking. In the winter time it is recommended to moisten the air at home and at work. Try to avoid stressful situations, spend more time in a pleasant atmosphere, get rid of negative thoughts.