Winston Churchill, himself suffering from psoriasis, promised to put a monument from pure gold to the person who will determine the cause of the disease and find effective means for its treatment. Unfortunately, candidates are still there. However, there are tools which can be used to achieve stable remission. Many of them can be used at home.
What is this disease?
Psoriasis is a recurrent disease with a chronic course, the main manifestation of which is a rash in patches and peeling skin. Sometimes accompanied by lymph nodes, joints, muscles, bones, neurological changes. Ongoing treatment involves a complex of measures aimed at the exclusion of precipitating factors and treating symptoms of the disease. There are quite effective ways to treat psoriasis at home.
This disease is essentially an abnormal reaction to external stimuli, in which the top layer of the skin dies off faster than it should occur in norm. Typically, the duration of the cycle of cell division is 3-4 weeks. In psoriasis this is reduced to 4-5 days.
The causes of the disease is not yet known. Currently, professionals are more inclined to the theory of the hereditary nature of psoriasis. In other words, the basis of its development is not one reason but a whole range:
- genetic predisposition;
- a metabolic process;
- immunological shifts;
- disorders in the endocrine system;
- neurological disorders;
With all the variety of existing theories about the origin of the disease one can say with precision: psoriasis is not an infectious disease and cannot be infected.
Psoriasis occurs in the form of outbreaks. In the course there are three stages:
- Stationary phase.
Acute onset of psoriasis. Appear on the skin small bright red spots growing on the periphery and reaching the size of a coin. Merging between themselves, they form psoriatic plaques. Most often, rashes are localized on the scalp, elbows, knees, anterior surface of the tibia. Approximately 1/3 of cases are itching and feeling of tightness of the skin.
The rash of psoriasis have three characteristic features, called psoriatic triad:
- The phenomenon stearin spot: on the skin surface formed grayish-white scales, easily moving away when poskablivanii.
- The phenomenon of terminal film: further, the friction reveals a smooth pink surface.
- The phenomenon of a dot bleeding: on a smooth exposed surface appears droplets of blood.
If you experience symptoms of psoriasis, you must consult a dermatologist. After diagnosis prescribe the appropriate course of treatment. At the same time carry out the treatment at home.
How to home treatment
To date, cure psoriasis forever either in medical institutions or at home is impossible. The goal of therapy is to control over its course. The extension of the remission achieved with medication oral and money of the local destination for relieving symptoms. This:
- medical ointments, creams;
- herbal infusions;
- baths with the addition of infusions;
- UV irradiation
Principles of home therapy
For the successful treatment of psoriasis at home you need to follow certain rules:
- Regularly use prescription drugs, clearly following the instructions.
- Minor symptoms can be limited to light vehicles with plant extracts (e.g., aloe Vera). In severe course of the disease requires the use of hormonal drugs.
- Using special creams to maintain a normal level of hydration.
- After soften the crusts carefully and very gently remove loose fitting. Remove crusts contributes to a more intensive absorption of treatment creams and lotions.
- Carefully follow the prescribed schedule of sunbathing and treatments UV therapy.
- To get rid of psoriasis, you should use simple tools. At home is not recommended some medications and ointments at the same time, this approach makes it impossible to ascertain the effectiveness of one particular drug.
- Between courses of treatment need to take a break – from 1 month to six months.
- If the patient is a child with psoriasis, you first need to identify triggers and eliminate them. Sometimes to treat the disease is a sufficient diet.
- Periodically contact your doctor or specialist centres, especially if the severity of the symptoms of the disease. Interested in new developments in the treatment of psoriasis and consult with specialists regarding the appropriateness of their application.
To cure psoriasis at home – more precisely, to achieve alleviate the symptoms along with ointments are recommended to take the pills. This treatment is more effective than only local.
During exacerbation of the disease prescribe antihistamines. If the patient suffers from sleep disorders, you can use a sedative with a mild effect.
Psoriasis may be accompanied by disruption of the normal functioning of the digestive system.
When joining the acute infection need to take antibiotics: penicillins, cephalosporins, macrolides. Their use in the home as receiving other drugs, is possible only on the recommendation of the attending physician. Pain syndrome, the resulting complications of the inflammatory process in psoriasis can be removed using non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
And than still it is possible to treat this disease? Recently, a very popular Chinese medicines. This capsules and ointment, which, say the manufacturers, have miraculous properties. Many of them are not registered in the Russian Federation and distributed illegally. Dealers assure that the funds are exclusively Chinese herbs. However, laboratory studies show that in most cases these medications contain corticosteroids, and their uncontrolled reception even at a stretch cannot be called harmless.
Treatment of psoriasis on the head
In the home can be quite successful to cure psoriasis on the scalp. How to do it? To use shampoos, ointments or use of folk remedies.
Important rules to follow for home therapy:
- Do not treat the hair and scalp.
- To avoid damage to the skin (scratching, perforations).
- After softening the skin with shampoo to remove only loosely attached scales.
- For controlling the process of exfoliation, the head should be washed with a special shampoo as often as required.
- Remedies are not to RUB into the hair and skin.
- During shampooing shampoo beat until the foam and leave on for 5-10 minutes, then rinse.
For the treatment at home well established following tools from psoriasis on the head:
- Mild shampoos containing coal tar. They have a specific smell and a little hair dye. Some of the funds from coal tar, it is recommended to leave for a few hours, then rinse thoroughly.
- Shampoos with cadmiae-pyrithione. They can be used to treat mild form of psoriasis. Zinc reduces the quantity of dead skin cells, reduces hair loss. Many of these tools also contain allantoin which soothes the scalp and speeds up the healing process.
- Chloroxine shampoo with sulfide and settlement. Quite effective in mild psoriasis.
- Means with ketoconazole. Has an antifungal effect, relieves itching and flaking.
Baby shampoo. Due to the absence of toxic components, fragrances and dyes in the composition they can be used safely to treat psoriasis at home:
- Ointments with anthralin. Anthralin is one of the most popular methods of psoriasis treatment. Reducing cellular proliferation, this substance reduces the severity of symptoms.
- Corticosteroid solution can cure psoriasis quite severe, but in some cases provokes a worsening of symptoms. Its use at home is recommended only as directed by your doctor. Maximum course length is 2 weeks.
He advises the people's medicine
- Psoriasis of the scalp from the popular media most often used natural oils: olive, peanut, mineral, tea tree, rosemary, cupressus. To soften the skin is rubbed for the night, wear a bonnet, and in the morning wash treatment shampoo. Very useful red and white clay, juice of onions, a decoction of nettles.
- Helps the following means: take one spoon of grape and almond oil and 2 tablespoons coconut. Add honey and cognac (one teaspoon) and a few drops of essential oils: lavender, eucalyptus. The mixture should be slightly warm by holding in a water bath, then apply on the scalp. This mask should be kept for at least 2 hours.
- Psoriasis on the head can be treated sea salt. How to do it? Before washing the hair for 5 minutes massaging the scalp, rubbing salt in it. To enhance the effectiveness of the procedure, it is recommended to impregnate the salt with a few drops of essential oils (rosemary, tea tree, eucalyptus).
- How else can you treat psoriasis on the head? Good result gives rinse hair with water and adding essential oils. In a liter of warm water add 10 drops of oil. To use the tool as a rinse.
- Another recipe: mix oil, calendula tincture and 2 egg yolks. Apply to scalp 2-3 hours to wash off.
At home treatment for psoriasis you can use herbal infusions. In many cases, they are quite effective and can significantly reduce the severity of symptoms of the disease.
What can treat psoriasis?
- With the localization on the skin of the scalp is often used leaf juice Golden mustache. It is rubbed into the scalp and rinse hair after washing decoction of the plant.
- The roots of sarsaparilla' (20 g) for about 8-10 hours insist in a liter of water, then boil 20 minutes and strain. One part of the drink hot, and the second one drink throughout the day. The course duration is 20 days.
- Lubricate the affected areas with ash branches and rose hips, mixed in equal parts with vaseline.
- Infusion of elderberry (2 tsp + 5000 ml of water) taken three times a day half a Cup. In the same way abies drinking water.
- Finely chopped young baskets of sunflower pour in the white wine and infuse for 2 days. Cooked means to filter and use to wet inflamed areas. You can bandage and keep them 2-3 hours. With the defeat of skin sunflower infusion is used for washing.
- When nail psoriasis is very effective herbal baths with the infusion of celandine, nettle, elecampane, succession, St. John's wort, calamus.
An important condition for effective home treatment of psoriasis is following a special diet. From the diet should exclude:
- chocolate and confectionery products with chocolate cream;
- foods that contain preservatives, food colorants, flavors;
- vegetables and fruits red;
- carbonated beverages;
It should also reduce the intake of meat, eggs, sugar, to stop Smoking.
After the disappearance of symptoms you can gradually start to eat some forbidden foods, watching the reaction of the body. When you increase the symptoms product need to again off.
Prevention of exacerbations
To prevent recurrence, and worsening of symptoms, patients with psoriasis should follow a few important rules:
- To protect the skin from chemicals and other corrosive factors. When doing housework, wear rubber gloves.
- Not to stretch and not rubbing the skin when washing.
- To give preference to the soul: baths often lead to increased dryness of the skin. The bath water should not be hot. It is recommended to add the infusions.
- To use medical means or neutral soap.
- Not to remove dead skin by force.
- To avoid penetration of infection into the body, and injuries and other skin damage. If they occur, immediately begin treatment.
- With the localization of psoriasis on the scalp use a soft comb with rounded teeth.
- To limit the time of exposure to the sun. To protect from sun exposure to use products with UV filters.
- Do not wear tight shoes, hats, clothing, watches: they irritate and traumatize the skin, leading to complication of the disease.
- To maintain normal level of humidity and prevent drying of skin to use a special homemade humidifiers.
- Avoid stress: they increase the severity of symptoms of psoriasis.
- If treatment at home do not forget about possible negative drug reactions and incompatibilities between some of them. Before the use of any funds to consult with a specialist.