Psoriasis is very difficult to give therapy and brings a strong physical and moral discomfort. Many patients wonder how to cure psoriasis quickly and permanently. Unfortunately, this is impossible. There is no single scheme of treatment and generic medicines, which can guarantee improvement. But with adequate and persistent therapy can achieve sustained remission.
As the disease manifests itself
Rash when the disease is often localized around the knees and elbows, affects the skin under the hair. The spots are round plaques, the surface of which is covered with scales. The color of the formations varies from pink to bright red. They are raised above the skin level and is located mainly symmetrically, sometimes unable to focus on a specific part of the body, thus have the form of original strips.
In the initial stage the size of the platelets is only a few millimeters, but as the disease progresses they may reach 10 cm or more. The skin is dry, flaky and prone to bleeding.
The disease can affect the skin partially, if there are a few spots of different size, or almost entirely, with the lesions covering a large part of the body.
According to statistics, the list of the main methods of treatment of psoriasis is in the following sequence (with decreasing efficiency):
- Diet, consisting in the refusal of food that is provoking the aggravation of the disease.
- The hardware method of cleaning the blood (plasmapheresis) is a technique used in stationary conditions in severe disease. The method is very effective but only lasts so long, the spots will appear again after 1.5—2 months.
- Spa treatment, mud treatment and change of climate sometimes help to treat the symptoms of psoriasis. The third part of patients feel significant relief after moving to a town with clean air and the humid Maritime climate. And patients who for various reasons can't afford to move out, seek the whole holiday spent in the sanatorium near the sea.
- Salt baths are part of the Spa treatment, but can also be used at home. Natural sea salt (without aromatic and other additives) contains minerals that improve the condition of the skin in psoriasis. In addition, warm salt baths help reduce flaking and itching, rapidly normalize sleep of the patient. Course of treatment: 3-4 times a week before bed.
- Selective phototherapy is the method of exposure to the affected skin to ultraviolet radiation. The method does not help everyone, but some manage for a couple of months of regular exposure to cure psoriasis, achieving long-term remission.
- Sauna, steam bath and a steam room helps the units, but is a harmless treatment, so it is recommended as an alternative when other methods prove ineffective.
- Acupuncture is a technique of influence on bioactive points of the body using thin needles. Method is ineffective, but some patients claims that he helped to forget about the disease.
- Bioresonance therapy is a new physiotherapy technique, which allows for a long time to get rid of psoriasis symptoms. Method modern, but poorly tested in practice.
Active lifestyle, which includes any moderate exercise, improves the General condition of the patient, improves immunity and psychological comfort. This, in turn, has a positive effect on the dynamics of the treatment of psoriasis.
Internal integrated therapy
A comprehensive treatment of the disease always pursues three objectives: the elimination of the causes of exacerbations, getting rid of symptoms and maintenance of immunity at the proper level. Unfortunately, even this approach does not help to recover fully, but only to prolong the period of remission.
Internal therapy involves taking the following drugs:
- Chelators help to free the digestive tract of toxins, to improve the characteristics of the blood, which positively affects the condition of the skin.
- The injection of sodium and calcium (calcium chloride, calcium gluconate, sodium thiosulfate) are used a short course in combination with other therapeutic measures.
- Antihistamines are prescribed for swelling, itching and allergic reactions. In addition to antipruritic, they show a sedative effect, improving sleep patient.
- Medications to support liver function, promoting the elimination of toxins.
- Antibiotics of different groups are assigned when psoriasis is complicated by the accession of secondary infection.
- Injection of corticosteroids is required in severe conducted in a hospital environment.
- Cytotoxic agents are highly toxic by means that adversely affect the liver and kidneys. They apply only to forms that threaten the patient's life.
In addition, it is assigned to a multivitamin — month course twice a year.
These drugs are chosen based on the shape and severity of the disease.
In mild cases, shows a non-hormonal creams and gels, in more severe therapy may include hormone continens means.
The most common external drugs are:
- The drug based on purified solidol. They normalize processes in the deep layers of the epidermis.
- Ointments with salicylic acid work as keratolytics. They soften and exfoliate the scales.
- Products containing zinc oxide . They are dried, reduce inflammation, soothe the skin, provide her protection.
- Funds on the basis of birch tar have anti-itching, keratolytic and regenerative effect.
- Vitamin creams inhibit the growth and proliferation of keratinocytes, thereby reduce flaking and volume of lesions.
- Drugs oil .
- Hormonal ointments quickly improve the skin condition psoriasis, due to the high content of KSG. However, prolonged and uncontrolled use of these tools leads to atrophy of the skin at the site of application and dysfunction of the adrenal cortex
Unfortunately, external funds are only used to eliminate or reduce the symptoms of the disease but cannot cure it. Only the combination of several methods and an individual approach to the treatment of each patient help to achieve a sustained remission.
Therapy of psoriasis with traditional methods is appropriate only if the disease is not accompanied by pathological changes in the joints (deformity of the fingers, night pain), disorders of the General condition of the organism (temperature or weakness). The area of the rash should not exceed 3% of the entire surface of the skin.
Psoriasis treatment at home is not possible, if the disease occurs in a generalized form.
Here are a few quite effective recipes that improve skin condition in psoriasis:
- Grind in a mortar with fresh flowers of calendula, celandine root and propolis (10 g), add the Hypericum (20 g) and 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil. Apply the mixture 3 times per day on the site of the lesion.
- Grease stains of tar, wash tar soap. The procedure is best done before bedtime, because the tool has an odor that lasts a few hours after washing. Start with 10 minutes, then bring the exposure time to 40 minutes.
- Beat 2 eggs with a half tablespoon of acetic acid and a tablespoon of vegetable oil. Obscure pockets before bed.
- Snatch celandine with roots, wash, chop and squeeze the juice. Grease locally each spot. Treat the whole flowering season.
- Brew 1 tablespoon of dry agrimony 250 ml of boiling water. To insist 1 hour, drain, add water to the original volume, take 50 ml before each meal.
Sometimes herbal remedies are much more effective than drug therapy, so this treatment has a right to exist. In any case, the tactics of treatment is selected individually by trial and error. But in severe forms and a large area lesion treatment is recommended in a hospital environment.
The most effective medicines
Quickly get rid of the symptoms using drugs:
- Which includes: medical grease, celandine, birch tar and elecampane. This combination of ingredients has a strong keratolytic and anti-inflammatory effect, providing rapid improvement in the patient's condition and prolonged remission. The drug moisturizes, disinfects, soothes and regenerates the affected skin
- The based ointment betamethasone. Used for the treatment of psoriatic plaques. It eliminates the redness, itching, swelling, inflammation due to the content of the hormone corticosteroid (betamethasone). The drug should be used only as directed by your specialist, as it has quite serious side effects. Prolonged treatment may experience abnormal dryness, burning and atrophy of skin.
- Means on the basis of KSG (methylprednisolone aceponate) is used only in the case of rapid disease progression. Apply to lesions once a day.
Adequate treatment is only possible after a complete examination of the patient. It is a long process that sometimes will not give the result, so it needs to be under constant supervision of a doctor.
Only a specialist can determine the effectiveness of techniques and to choose the method that will provide the patient long-term remission.