Causes of exacerbation can be a variety of factors. Experts say that this can serve the same cause which gives rise to psoriasis. To prove the connection between a particular factor and development of disease have not yet succeeded. There are only assumptions about the possible reasons:
- Emotional stress, psychological experiences, including positive.
- Improper nutrition, consumption of food allergens, alcohol, caffeine.
- The hormonal surge in the body. It may provoke pregnancy, diseases of the endocrine system.
- The weakening of the immune system due to infectious diseases.
- Negative impact on the skin of household chemicals, trauma to the dermis.
- Chronic or inappropriate medication. Cause of exacerbation can antibiotics, immunomodulators, antidepressants.
- Changes in climatic conditions, the seasonal transitions.
Often the causes of exacerbation remain unclear. The deterioration of the skin occurs when all the rules of prevention.
Symptoms of relapse
The first manifestations of exacerbation appear on various parts of the body in the form of red spots on a background skin. Plaques occur on the head, elbows, feet, hands and other areas. Externally papules resemble a rash with clear boundaries about 1.5 – 2 cm in diameter. Top spots covered with white or gray scales, with time increase in size.
During the course of pathology the patches grow, the lesions may reach the size of a palm. Accompanied by redness, itching. Attempt to scrape off scales leads to an increase in their number. This feature was the reason that psoriasis called scaly ringworm.
In medical practice to describe symptoms of a pathology using such a thing as psoriatic triad:
- Education on the skin stearic spots. Skin because of the strong peeling resembles stearin, hence the name of the phenomenon.
- When radi all scales, exposing the thin smooth surface, called the terminal film. The film is easily damaged, often bleeding.
- Bloody Rosa is the appearance of blood if the film is damaged. The bleeding is often minor in nature.
The presence of the triad is the main symptom of the disease that make the diagnosis of psoriasis with a high probability.
The disease is not always typical for. Sometimes diagnosed atypical forms of psoriasis. These include:
- Pustular – is accompanied by inflammation and swelling of the skin in places of rash. Plaques covered with blisters (pustules) filled with fluid.
- Nail psoriasis – the defeat of the nail plate of a human, in which the nails change color, shape. Pathology often confused with fungus, because apparently similar pathology.
- Intertriginous – appears in the folds of the body (armpits, groin, Breasts). A feature of this species is no peeling, derma while smooth, red, painful.
- Warty – occurs on the inner side of the wrist, the ankles. Plaques have a rounded character, often damaged, bleed. In advanced stages develops the risk of inflammation to malignancy.
- Seborrheic – often localized on the scalp. The skin along the hairline is covered with dense traffic, extending to the ears, neck.
- Psoriatic arthritis – joint damage, which is changing their shape. The inflammatory process extends to the bones and ligaments of the person.
The most dangerous kind is psoriatic erythroderma. This is accompanied by the distribution of lesions on large areas of the body, severe itching, inflammation. In the absence of pathology there is a threat of death.
Exacerbation of psoriasis after childbirth and during pregnancy
According to statistics, in many cases, women who suffer with psoriasis face a recurrence of the pathology at the time of carrying a child is much less likely. Often during pregnancy meet primary cases.
Symptoms of exacerbation in women depend on the type and form of pathology. The most dangerous are psoriatic erythroderma and generalized pustular form of the disease. In the later stages of pregnancy can diagnose this dangerous type of disease, such as impetigo herpetiformis.
The pustules appear in groups in the folds of the skin, sometimes localized in a circle. Skin inflamed, swollen, hurts. Known cases when the pathology extends to the mucosa of the human. The consequence of such a condition often to become a threatened miscarriage.
Causes of exacerbation in pregnant women there may be:
- hormonal disorders;
- the weakening of the immune system.
Women with psoriasis are advised to plan pregnancy, respecting preventive measures and proper nutrition before conception. This will help to avoid relapse during the sensitive period after the birth of a child.
How to remove exacerbation of psoriasis
When faced with disease, patients interested in the question how to quickly remove the aggravation of psoriasis at home? To cope with the disease is possible only through an integrated approach that includes the following methods:
- Drug therapy.
- Proper nutrition.
- Folk remedies.
The method of treatment chosen by the doctor after examining the patient and diagnosing pathology. Self-medication is very dangerous for your health.
Treatment of relapse medicine
Drug treatment of psoriasis with exacerbation is the use of drugs for external application (ointments, creams, gels, lotions, shampoos) and preparations in the form of tablets, injections. Tactics of treatment depends on the symptoms and overall health of the patient.
Application of ointments
Remove the exacerbation of psoriasis in the first signs of the disease by using ointments. Means for external applications to penetrate into the layers of derma, providing therapeutic effect. Ointments, which have anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, regenerating, exfoliating action. All drugs are divided into hormonal and non-hormonal medications.
Non-hormonal ointments have a less pronounced effect, their effect occurs within 3 to 7 days after the first application. On the positive side means include the relative security, the lack of effect of cancellation and addictive, minimal side effects.
Non-hormonal ointments for psoriasis:
- Tar preparations have powerful anti-inflammatory effect. Tar is widely used in modern medicine and cosmetology. Particularly effective are different medications that include sulfur, salicylic acid and tar.
- Ointment on the basis solidol'. Widely used medical and grease in folk medicine.
- Ointment based on zinc. Have on diseased skin astringent, drying, antiseptic, regenerating effect. The active ingredient is the zinc oxide. Sometimes an allergic reaction to components of the product in patients.
Despite the apparent safety of drugs, use of hormonal ointments recommended strictly by prescription.
Hormonal ointments have a more aggressive action, the therapeutic effect from their application is achieved already in the first days of therapy. The disadvantage of such drugs is considered to be a large number of side effects, the presence of the effect of habituation and withdrawal.
- Ointment-based triamcinolone – quickly relieve inflammation, severe exacerbation of psoriasis, itching, redness, swelling. Among the side effects indicate increased redness, irritation of the dermis.
- Medications mometasone – are similar to the previous group of drugs side effects.
- Medications that include hydrocortisone – fast inhibit the development of psoriasis by slowing down cell mitosis, relieve redness and other symptoms.
- Ointment budesonida – means securely reduce inflammation, eliminate peeling, itching. Adverse effects include skin irritation, redness of her.
- Drugs clobetasol. Provides lasting effect of treatment, effectively eliminates the redness, swelling, itching sensation.
- Ointment on the basis of betamethasone – hormonal agents that include synthetic steroid components which have antiseptic, regenerating, drying effect.
Each of the drugs used within a certain time, as too long causes a lot of side effects. Yourself to interrupt the treatment is not recommended, as there is an effect of the cancellation, in which the patient's condition is deteriorating. Hormonal drugs are used for patients with severe exacerbation of psoriasis, in cases where the effect of the use of non-hormonal ointments is missing.
The use of tablets
How to stop the exacerbation of psoriasis with medications? To facilitate the patient's condition and prevent serious complications use the following groups of medicines:
- Antihistamines help itching, eliminate redness.
- Medications – reduce the load from the liver, restoring its natural function.
- Enzyme preparations used in violation of the digestive organs.
- Chelators – excrete waste products, toxins.
- Antibiotics – are prescribed in the development of secondary infection, a strong inflammatory process.
- Non-steroidal anti – inflammatory drugs- quickly eliminate inflammation, swelling.
- Immunosuppressants – suppresses the immune cells that it is sometimes necessary for psoriasis.
- Biologics – medicine of the new generation.
- Ultrasound treatment.
- X-ray treatments.
- Selective phototherapy.
- the rejection of spicy, salty, fatty, fried, smoked food;
- the basis of the diet – cereals, vegetables, fruits;
- the exclusion of foods allergens – nuts, chocolate, eggs, honey;
- abstinence from alcohol, beverages containing caffeine, carbonated water;
- food it is recommended to cook steamed or baked;
- drinks should give preference to herbal teas, juices, clean water.
- Adherence to healthy lifestyle and nutrition.
- A competent personal hygiene, using soft cosmetic.
- Frequent walks in the fresh air.
- Elimination of bad habits.
- The refusal of a long stay in the open sun.
- Avoid skin injuries.
- An adequate assessment of stressful situations.
All funds are prescribed by taking into account characteristics of the pathology of the patient and his or her individual qualities.
Methods of physiotherapeutic treatment are determined predominantly during the period of stationary phase of the course of disease. To do this, use the following methods:
The type of treatment, number and duration of sessions is determined by a specialist depending on the type and form of pathology.
Diet during exacerbation of psoriasis is in the treatment of diseases, not the least. The diet will reduce the symptoms of the disease, to normalize the skin condition of the patient and his overall health.
The principles of clinical nutrition:
To observe proper diet during exacerbation of the psoriasis is necessary not only during relapse, but also during remission.
Prevention of recurrence
Understanding what to do during exacerbation, there were several rules that help prevent relapse:
If the necessary recommendations for the prevention of disease and proper treatment, recurrence of pathology, the prognosis for recovery is quite favorable.