Why do I get psoriasis
Joint efforts of scientists around the world has helped clarify the nature of non-communicable diseases. The disease has a wavelike nature and the quiet periods are replaced by frequent exacerbations. Recurrence can provoke many reasons. The most common of them are the following:
- In many cases, the disease is exacerbated due to bad habits, inadequate rest, stress, poor diet. All this may be direct or indirect cause of psoriasis.
- A relapse can occur due to the presence of the body foci of infection. It can be such chronic infectious diseases as angina, tonsillitis, pharyngitis, sinusitis and many others. Also often the reason for the appearance of plaques on the body to become HIV.
- Precipitation often appear in people whose skin is often exposed to mechanical and chemical damage. It can be workers in factories, members of the service staff, whose skin is in contact with various detergents.
To find out whether it is possible to cure psoriasis permanently, one should clearly understand the nature of the disease. Psoriasis refers to a severe form of autoimmune skin diseases of a chronic nature. The first manifestations of the disease can occur in patients of different age groups and even infants. Today to completely cure the disease impossible. Human life is accompanied by relapses and periods of calm. Duration of remission always depends on the efforts of not only attending, but also by the patient. Known cases where patients were able to avoid relapse for decades.
Types of psoriasis
The severity of the disease depends on its type. There are forms of diseases that pass easily, without burdening the overall health of the patient. In other cases, in the more severe types of the disease affect skin, joints, nails and even eyes. Also, greatly deteriorating the health of the patient. Thus, the basic form of pathology can be the following:
- Vulgar. The most common form. Are seen in more than 90% of all people who go to the doctor.
- Pustular. Another name for exudative. Characterized by purulent discharge from pustules that are n the body. Pustular psoriasis is a rare but very severe type of disease.
- Tabula. Manifested in the appearance of pink spots of different size with a pronounced squamis. Peeling can be fixed easily, under them it is easy to notice red shiny film. Damage to the film accompanied by bleeding.
- Teardrop-shaped. In this form of the disease the spots look like drops. Feature is the absence of scales.
- Psoriasis of the nails. Pathology affects clavum plate. At the initial stages, the plate becomes rough and loses its Shine. After stains can appear, the nail becomes distorted and peeled from the finger.
- Psoriatic arthritis. Severe form, which affects the joints and ligaments of the patient. Mostly afflicts the fingers, less frequently knees and elbows. Arthritis is somewhat difficult with a strong inflammation of the tissues, and often leads to disability.
The remainder of this article will try and figure out how to get rid of psoriasis once and for all and can it be done with treatment and prevention.
Methods of medical treatment
How to cure psoriasis permanently – this issue is of interest to many patients suffering from pathology. There are many medications that help to relieve symptoms, normalize metabolism, relieve emotional tension, to adjust blood circulation and enhance human immunity in psoriasis. The choice of drugs should be carried out exclusively by a doctor. Wrong selection of drugs threatens not only the lack of results, but the occurrence of many side effects.
To medications of psoriasis can be attributed to the following groups of medications that help to get rid of psoriasis once and for all:
- creams, ointments, oils;
- shampoos, sprays;
- homeopathic medicines;
- Pills and injections.
Also all of them can be divided into medicine for indoor and outdoor use.
The use of drugs for external application
In the early stages of the disease, doctors often prescribe creams and ointments designed for external treatment of wounds in the home. At this stage, used primarily ointment without hormones. They help ad decontaminate the affected areas of skin, relieve itching, swelling, inflammation. The advantage of non-hormonal means is no habituation effect and minimum side effects.
Medicines for internal use
Next, try to find out whether it is possible to get rid of psoriasis forever with tools such as tablets and injections.
Preparations in the form of tablets and injections are prescribed by the attending doctor and their use is performed under the close supervision of a specialist. A very popular drug to relieve symptoms of the disease is methotrexate. Drugs used for the treatment of such severe diseases as pustular psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis. Besides the positive effect of the methotrexate has many side effects:
- Malfunctions of the digestive system.
- Headaches, dizziness, nausea.
- Diseases of the kidneys and liver.
- Stomatitis, pharyngitis.
- The development of cystitis.
Means in the form of shampoos are used mainly to get rid of psoriasis of the scalp. Funds may be the following groups:
- with tar in the composition;
- for children.
The use of traditional medicine
The use of herbs and products of nature psoriasis sometimes give very good results. Of course, traditional medicine can not act as a complete treatment in severe forms of the disease, but its easy for folk remedies can be very effective. The remainder of this article will look at some popular recipes use traditional methods.
Decoction of herbs celandine
Celandine is widely used for getting rid of many skin problems. The plant has a pronounced anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial qualities. The broth used for the inner intake, compresses and baths. Preparing the medicine is as follows: in an enamel saucepan put 2 art. L. chopped herbs and pour 500mg of water. The container is placed on a aqua bath and bring to a boil over low heat. Cooked medium 15-20 minutes, then percolantur.
Ointment on the basis of tar
Often for the treatment of disease use tar. For psoriasis are recommended birch, pine kind of product. The ointment is prepared according to this recipe: 200 g of tar mixed with 100 g of finely chopped propolis. Products are placed on aqua bath until a homogeneous mass. After the ointment has cooled slightly, add 2 tbsp mare buckthorn oil and 50 g butter. After hardening the product is applied on the plaque three times a day for 20-30 minutes. You can apply for psoriasis of the scalp.
Medical grease is another excellent anti-inflammatory and soothing remedy for psoriasis. For the treatment product is used in pure form or in the form of medicines is with the use of other components.
- The therapy is done according to the following scheme: 1st day grease is applied to the plaque for 15-20 minutes, 2nd – 20-25 and so on.
- The course continues 7-10 days, maximum application time from 40 minutes to an hour.
Role of homeopathy
Many patients are interested in whether psoriasis treated completely with the help of homeopathic remedies? Because today the developers of such tools promise miraculous results. It is worth noting that currently none of the drugs are not able to save people from the disease forever. Long-term remission can only be achieved with adequate treatment and careful observance of the preventive measures.
All homeopathic medicine based on natural products with small doses of synthetic drugs. The dosage of the drug allows to achieve a positive effect and minimize side effects.
The use of patches
Today, there are many different means of production in the form of patches. The most popular are the Chinese patches from psoriasis. These funds have the following properties:
- reduce inflammation;
- reduce itching;
- eliminate inflammation;
- establish circulation;
- nourish the cells of the dermis useful components;
- removes swelling and redness.
The composition of the patches includes natural oils, vitamins and many other useful components. Advantage is easy to use. The patch you can always have with you and use in any conditions.
Contraindications open wounds on the body and suppurative processes. Also not recommended for use by children under three years. Popular patch I believe:
- delicate skin;
- quannaide Xinmeisu Tiegao.
Side effects are rare, they may include pustular symptoms on the dermis, thinning of skin, irritation and redness.
Prevention and diet
Compliance with the rules prevention is a very important aspect of treatment of the disease. Matter how closely a person relates to his body depends on his condition. So, try to figure out what not to do when psoriasis.
- Infectious diseases and bacterial in nature. Doctors recommend to avoid pathologies, which can weaken the immune system.
- We need to completely eliminate bad habits. Scientists have proven that alcohol and Smoking can also directly affect the worsening of the disease and the development of relapse.
- It is not recommended to get involved in the diets and so-called "cleansing" of the body.
- No experts recommend prolonged stay in the open sun in the spring and summer.
- It is very important to respect the day. Try to give the rest enough time. It is also recommended to adequately assess a stressful situation and avoid a nervous overvoltage.
- Diet for psoriasis should be humilis calorie and include a sufficient amount of vitamins. Exclude from the diet of fried, fatty, spicy food. Limit consumption of sweet pastries and pasta. Give preference to vegetables and fruits.