Psoriasis is a skin disease in which there are red scaly patches covered with silvery scales that cause itching.
Psoriasis usually appears between the ages of 20 to 30 years and is often hereditary. Psoriasis is not an infectious disease. Even mild psoriasis can cause serious psychological problems: low self esteem, feelings of shame and social isolation. To die from psoriasis, but the impact of this disease on human life very seriously.
The reasons for the development of psoriasis
The exact causes of psoriasis are still unknown, but most often psoriasis is associated with the following factors:
- too active division of the skin cells (10 times more than usual), which leads to a convex plaques and peeling of the top layer of the skin;
- low immunity after the disease.
The symptoms of psoriasis
It is recommended to consult a doctor if the following symptoms:
- red convex spots (plaques) covered with dry white or silvery scales. Spots often appear on the elbows and knees, however the rash can be anywhere on the body: scalp, hands, nails and face. In some cases, the spots itch;
- misshapen, the nails;
- strong exfoliation of dead skin cells (like dandruff);
- blisters on the palms and soles, painful cracks in the skin.
- arthritis (joint inflammation) in severe cases;
- depression associated with low self-esteem.
What can you do
You should consult a doctor and strictly implement all its recommendations. You can also be in the sun for 15-30 minutes every day, not to drink alcohol, avoid stress, maintain a healthy lifestyle, watch your weight.
What can a doctor
To explain condition, provide the necessary information and make recommendations. To recommend cream, ointment or other agent for the treatment of psoriasis (for example, preparations containing tar). To prescribe the necessary drugs. To recommend specific treatments (treatment with ultraviolet light PUVA).