Psoriasis is the most common type of chronic dermatosis. This is a complex disease that can manifest itself in different ways and have different origins. In most cases, psoriasis is regarded as safe for human disease. But there is information about the fatal outcome of this disease in connection with his improper treatment.
People at a time can hurt several forms of psoriasis.
Who could get sick?
Psoriasis can appear in people of any age and gender.
In infants the first signs of psoriasis appear in the inguinal folds and resemble potnick.
In adults, psoriasis can start mainly in two different ways:
- Small papules are firm to the touch. They can be located on the palms, elbows, rarely in knee and ankle joints. If there is itching and pain in the touch, that is the real signs of psoriasis, not just irritation. With these symptoms you need to go to the doctor, as individual papules quickly develop into plaque. But to cure them is very difficult. The site of the lesion causes severe itching and discomfort.
- A red spot rounded. This rash is characterized by the presence of a large number of whitish scales. During the development of the disease these lesions thicken and harden, and become convex. These rashes form psoriatic plaques. In appearance they resemble drops of wax candles, frozen on the skin.
The first signs of the disease
Begins psoriasis is manifested by the appearance of papules, which are small in size to peel off nodules. They have a dark pink color, dense to the touch, over the surface of the skin protrude slightly.
The first sign of psoriasis can be the appearance of a rash on parts of body are most subject to friction, and the skin in these areas dry. These are the places:
- hands or elbows;
- the side of the lower back;
- inguinal folds;
The location of the rash depends on the form of the disease.
The initial stage of psoriasis on the skin is barely noticeable and does not cause discomfort to the patient. But early treatment will help prevent severe forms of this disease in which there is a loss of the nails of the hands and feet, mucosal surfaces, and then - of human joints.
For psoriasis is characterized by three distinctive features:
- "The effect of stearin spot". When carrying out scraping plaque and small transparent scales easily flake.
- "The effect of terminal film". If you remove the scales, the skin to be thin, shiny, and also it will be red.
- "The effect of bloody dew". After scraping of the skin are the tiny droplets of blood.
Also the manifestation of psoriasis can be characterized by change and nails.
Types of psoriasis
Uniform classification of this disease has not yet been developed, but produce his principal in accordance with the nature of the rash.
The first pustulezny, it is characterized by disseminating rash on entire surface of the skin. Includes such subspecies as:
- Simple (vulgar) or otherwise, the most common among all types of psoriasis. Usually occurs in a chronic stable form.
- Psoriatic erythroderma is always severe, greatly damaging the skin. Can trigger other deadly disease.
The second main type of psoriasis is pustular. It is characterized by the formation of papules, such as pustules. They represent the bubbles on the skin, inside of which the serological liquid. This type of disease may be distributed over the entire surface of the body and in the specific area, most often it is the hands and feet.
There are the following subtypes of pustular psoriasis:
- academica persistent (psoriasis soles of feet and palms of the hands);
- view palmoplantaris Barber (chronically leaking pustules limbs);
- generalized psoriasis background Combucha;
- psoriatic impetigo herpetiformis;
- annular erythema;
- annular pustular kind of psoriasis.
In this classification are not included, but you treat psoriasis following forms of this disease:
- seborrheic-sicut psoriasis occurs on the scalp, the skin becomes yellow, the inflammatory process is absent;
- the reverse surfaces of the bends and skin folds;
The basic theory of disease
Scientists do not yet give a precise answer to the question what is psoriasis.
In accordance with the immune theory, the cause of psoriasis are disorders of the immune system. That is, the immune system responds to skin cells as aggressors and begins fighting with them. This theory also confirms that the first signs of psoriasis often occur on the background of various diseases of infectious origin, such as tonsillitis, sinusitis, etc.
The second theory of the origin of psoriasis genetic. That is, human genes prone to psoriasis.
Endocrine theory suggests that the impetus for the manifestation of the disease is abnormal hormone levels. The necessary level of hormones controls the normal process of skin cell division. But if the hormones are too much or too little, skin cells start hard to share what is psoriasis. In support of this theory is the fact that often the psoriasis can occur during hormonal changes of an organism, such as pregnancy, menstruation or ovulation. But scientists are not yet able to detect the hormone responsible for the first signs of psoriasis and its further development.
Proponents of the neurogenic theory suggests that the disease occurs due to stress and psycho-emotional surge. Vasomotor neurosis causes vasoconstriction, which entails a reduction in blood supply to the skin.
Violation of metabolic processes in the body can also cause of psoriasis. It has been observed that people suffering from psoriasis can be an increased cholesterol, decreased body temperature, there is a lack of vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates in the body.
Causes of psoriasis
Thus, summarizing all above, we can understand that can cause the appearance of the disease in everyday life:
- stress, emotional and physical overload;
- diseases of infectious origin;
- changes in hormonal system;
- different skin damage, such as frostbite, burns or injury.
- medication, for example, antibiotics, Immunostimulants, vitamins, etc.;
- unbalanced diet, alcohol abuse;
- abrupt climate change;
- other diseases of the skin.
The treatment of psoriasis
To try to cure psoriasis is impossible, and it is first necessary to go on reception to the dermatologist. The disease should be treated comprehensively, using external means, the introduction of the injection and application of instrumental methods of treatment.
The disease requires mandatory treatment, since over time, untreated plaque cover all large areas of the body. Critical stage, the disease reaches 3-4 years after the appearance and causes irreversible consequences, such as psoriatic arthritis (inflammation of joints) or erythroderma (severe skin lesions).
For outdoor treatment and care use shampoos, ointments, creams, gels. The most effective drugs:
- means on a hormonal basis.
- drugs on the basis of refined petroleum products;
- ointment solidum caput or fat basis;
- creams with mustard gas.
Some drugs may develop addictive, therefore, the duration of their use should be limited.
Medicines for oral administration
Medications help to treat not only psoriasis, but also improve functioning of internal organs. The list of drugs that can psoriasis patient on reception at the dermatologist:
- anti-anxiety medications;
- immunomodulatory drugs;
- nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
- medications and enzymes.
Typically, drugs for oral administration are prescribed only after topical therapy has not brought the desired result. Most medications have contraindications and cause side effects, so they should be drunk with a doctor and strictly adhere to the regime and the dose of the drug.
Non-pharmacological methods for the treatment of psoriasis
Among them there are the following ways:
- laser, magnetic and electrotherapy;
- PUVA therapy;
- ultraviolet light;
- x-ray irradiation;
- the laser treatment.
How can you protect yourself from psoriasis?
This disease can recur, that is, descendit mori, to erupt with new force. Here are the simple rules of prevention:
- physical and emotional rest;
- to use hygiene products for the skin healing properties, or neutral;
- a good balanced diet;
- keep away from traumas, burns, etc.;
- drugs to use for the user and prescription;
- in a timely manner to treat infectious diseases.
Because of this psoriasis for a long time can go into remission and not bother humans.