Dear readers, good day. In today's article I will tell you about psoriasis on face and its treatment. Many of this illness interferes with life, to communicate with other people, bringing a lot of discomfort, both physical and moral.
I will teach you how to deal with the symptoms of the disease for as long as possible to keep her in remission (unfortunately, no cure). I have to say, that before the application of any national or medications should consult a doctor, otherwise you can only exacerbate the problem.
Want to get rid of plaques on the face? Then read carefully and learn.
Psoriasis on face: how to start treatment
When it detects the first signs of the disease you need to consult your doctor or dermatologist, who will prescribe proper therapy. An integrated approach with strict observance of all the recommendations, otherwise all your work will go "down the drain".
Usually drug treatment includes the following therapies:
- Physical therapy;
- Folk remedies.
It is also important to follow a diet.
Describe each of these methods in more detail.
Systemic therapy for severe stage of the disease
- Psoriatic manifestations on the skin can be cured by using the following restore dermis products;
- Swelling and itching removed with the help of antihistamine drugs;
- Good reviews have a tool with succinic acid. This is a solution for infusion, which is to improve and restore cell-mediated immunity, the flow of oxygen to the cells, increase the antioxidant properties;
- If these methods do not help, then appointed immunosuppressants. Them the doctor prescribes. Should be exactly according to instructions, as they have negative consequences.
Can also be assigned to such drugs:
- stop inflammation and reduce itching;
- a drug that blocks the process of cell growth. He has to take it once a week. The drug is issued only by a physician. Has side effects;
- drugs that reduce the recurrences;
- drugs that restore cells. Also activate the production of collagen;
- vitamins for overall support of the body;
- folic acid evens pigmentation and cleansing the skin.
To quickly reduce the symptoms of psoriasis are assigned creams, gels, solutions, ointments for external use. The most effective of these are the creams that soften the skin, removing psoriasis plaques ointments which reduce inflammation and ointments with antiseptic, distracting effect.
Treatment with non-hormonal means
These funds often prescribed in psoriasis on face as extra, because they increase the medication. These drugs are prescribed only by a doctor depending on the severity of the disease. The symptoms of the disease they can not be eliminated.
Hormonal creams and ointments
To eliminate the external signs of psoriasis and the inflammatory process, hormonal medication. It makes only a doctor, as these funds have many contraindications, side effects and cannot be used for a long time.
Since psoriasis is often caused by stressful situations, are assigned sedatives. It can be an extract of Valerian, motherwort and other anti-anxiety medications.
To strengthen the immune system you can take vitamin E, D and A.
It includes several procedures which can be prescribed depending on the severity of the disease:
- Laser treatment which helps to relieve inflammation of a local character. Often this method to treat rashes on eyelids;
- UFA, which promotes regeneration of the upper epidermal layer. Using this method it is possible to drive deep psoriasis in remission;
- Magnetic therapy, which improves cell regeneration and activating the metabolism;
- Electric, which has a remarkable positive impact on the psychological state of the patient. Often enough, 8-15 procedures for 20-60 minutes each;
- Ultrasonic treatment, reduce itching, inflammation, pain;
- PUVA therapy is rarely used for the treatment of psoriasis on face and head because it can lead to tumors;
- Phototherapy, increases the production of vitamin D, which activates the regeneration of tissues.
The popular treatment
To reduce acute symptoms of psoriasis in conjunction with the above measures can be treated with folk remedies. You can easily use at home. The most effective are masks for the face and scalp:
- Saline solution with salt of the Dead sea. It is diluted in hot water, dipped in a solution of cloth and applied to the skin;
- Well established mask with grease and birch tar. Mix equal proportions of these substances and apply gently on the lesion. Stand for 20 minutes, wash, apply to face moisturizer;
- Try a mask with essential oils: Shea butter, lavender, juniper, jojoba, coconut, evening primrose. It is possible to mix them. They need to be applied a point, just for the inflammation;
- A few aloe leaves to withstand a week in the refrigerator, then grind and apply the resulting mush on your face for half an hour;
- Well reduces inflammation chamomile. Prepare a broth, and then puts him in a cloth and put it on half an hour on the face.
Homeopathic remedies are prescribed together with the main treatment. Good effect is given external funds.
If you follow the doctor's recommendations, but will not follow a diet, you will not be able to get rid of the signs of psoriasis. There is a certain list of foods that you should eliminate from your diet:
- Chocolate and other sweets;
- Salty, smoked, fatty foods;
- Fat milk;
- Condiments and spices;
The main thing is a proper balanced diet with lots of fiber. Eat cheese, eggs, beans, vegetable oil. Sweet substitute dried fruits, fresh fruits.
That's what must be on your Desk:
- Barley, buckwheat;
- Any greens;
- Vegetables fresh;
- Dairy products.
Recommendations for the care of the person
- Do not attempt to disguise patches on face oily cosmetics. They just clog the pores, resulting in the skin ceases to breathe. This can worsen the disease;
- Wash face special mousses, gels, foams, designed for sensitive skin. The main thing — after washing, let the skin get dry yourself, do not wipe it with a towel;
- Can several times a day to wash with herbal decoction, which can help relieve itching and swelling. It may be a succession, sage, chamomile, calendula and others;
- Be sure to use a moisturizer, especially in summer;
- Try to avoid rooms with high humidity;
- Men should use an electric razor instead of a conventional machine;
- Protect your face from dust and wind.
Well, dear readers, you understand how you can eliminate the symptoms of the disease? If you're doing the right thing, then the total treatment will take a few months for minor illness and then for a long time the disease will not bother you. Most importantly, listen to your doctor and do everything he tells you.