Psoriasis is a chronic disease, the development of which no one is immune. It can appear at any age, so the symptoms of psoriasis and possible causes of the development it is desirable to know everyone. There are typical signs that are specific for this disease. Them psoriatic papules will be able to distinguish from other dermatological diseases. Rashes are formed on all body parts from eyes to feet. Dependent on the localization of the papules have a different view.
Symptoms: starts as psoriasis
Psoriasis begins with the formation on the body small rashes. Their size does not exceed the head diameter of the pins. Every day papules grow in diameter, attaining a score of 4-8 cm, their number increases, the surface starts to peel off. If you do not pass competent treatment, individual plaques merge into conglomerates, covering large areas of the body.
This is the psoriasis at the initial stage
Psoriasis can develop at any age. But it often happens that the first case of its manifestation occurs in young adults aged from 18 to 40 years. Gender differences there. Of the disease men and women are affected with equal frequency.
Typical signs of psoriatic papules:
- Form is round.
- The edges are sharp.
- Color-hot pink or red.
- The color of the scales is silver-white.
The first rash, usually formed at the place of wounds, scrapes, frostbite, burns, on parts of the body, constantly subjected to friction. They can itch, but this is not the main feature.
Psoriasis has three unique symptoms that are unique to him:
- The phenomenon stearin spot-scales are easily removed from the surface of the papules. Beneath them is a blur, resembling a drop of stearine or wax.
- The phenomenon of psoriatic (terminal) of the film-if all to clean plaque from the scales underneath the visible thin film covering the inflamed area of the skin. It is transparent and moist.
- Auspitz phenomenon-if you violate the integrity of the terminal films on the surface of the wounds appear small bruises resembling ostendit Rosa.
Listed a triad of symptoms will allow to precisely determine the onset of psoriasis. They make it impossible to confuse this disease with other dermatological diseases.
Since the first symptoms of psoriasis in different parts of the body are slightly different, it is necessary to consider the details of each particular case.
Symptoms of psoriasis on hands
Guttate psoriasis on my elbow and ulnas
When psoriasis develops on the hands, often papules appear on the surface of elbows, or between fingers. Less commonly, a rash localized on the forearm. For this area of the body characteristic patchy form of the disease. Its main feature-the formation of small red spots, which quickly become covered with scales. Your skin gets tougher.
Psoriasis of the scalp
The defeat of the scalp psoriatic papules is the most common form of the disease. Rashes are formed in the back of the head, forehead, behind the ears, in the area of parted hair. First formed small lesions. They are rare and covered with scales. In the development process to grow and can cover the surface of the entire head. Feature of psoriatic papules formed on the scalp, peripheral growth, intense itching and skin irritation. While scales are small, exfoliating, they resemble fine dandruff. With the growth of these papules peeling like white flakes. The elasticity of the skin decreases, so easily injured, are constantly forming wounds.
On the body
Psoriasis on stomach and back
The surface of the body cover, as a rule, guttate psoriasis. It is localized on the back, neck, hips, thighs and abdomen. Formed scattered small lesions. They differ in a teardrop form. In the process of growth of the papules are highly raised above the skin surface, so they are easy to damage. More at risk of developing this disease people who have had a staph infection.
On the feet
Psoriatic lesions on the legs knees and lower leg
On legs papules first appear in the knees, but can appear in other areas. The first eruption is small and isolated. They are highly inflamed and peel. Have a clear outline, but loose. Quickly spread, forming conglomerates.
On the nails
The initial stage of psoriasis on nails is manifested in several forms. The first - the nail plate is covered with a small pit cavities, as if from the prick of the needle. The second form resembles a fungus. The nails are thickened, change the hue to yellow or gray. Over time, if not treated, the peel. The third type-the nail plate is deformed, becomes rough on the surface appear depressed areas.
On the palms and feet
Psoriatic lesions on the palms of the hands and on the foot
Most often the hands and feet affects the Palmar-plantar psoriasis at the same time. However, there are cases when the disease develops only on the palms or only on the feet. First, the skin form small papules, which quickly merge into conglomerates. The Horny layer of the skin thickens, coarsens. Because of this, she gets easily hurt, cracks.
On the face, ears, neck
Psoriatic lesions on the ear and in the eye area
Psoriasis is rarely localized on the face. If he appears, the first papules are formed around the eyes, on the eyelids and in the nasolabial folds, the cheeks, the tongue, the border of the lips. First, a rash of small, red. On the surface of the neck also produces small red papules. They quickly increase in diameter and spread to the back, head, face.
Ears developing seborrheic psoriasis. He can hit the ear inside and out. It is important to distinguish psoriasis from seborrheic eczema because they look similar.
Symptoms of psoriasis in children
Unfortunately, psoriasis is not protected and children
In children psoriasis appears as adults. To develop this disease may even in infants. Lesions formed in skin folds. They are red and peel. Papules are formed in unusual locations occur on the face, mucous membranes of the genitals. The rash is itchy and brings discomfort.
Psoriatic arthritis fingers
Psoriasis can affect the joints, which leads to a change of the structure of their tissues. In the future it entails their deformation and pain. First displayed the symptoms of external surfaces of the joints formed papules. But in some cases, first change the structure of the joints, they start to hurt, and then formed rash. Signs of the disease, the joints ache, especially at night, deform, there is stiffness of their movement, swelling, finger length is shortened.
It first affects the small joints of the hands and feet. Then the disease spreads on elbow and knee. In a particularly advanced form affected intervertebral joints.
Causes of psoriasis: why it appears
The exact cause of psoriasis development scientist to install failed. There are many theories, each of which has a scientific basis. But they're not enough to make one of the basic assumptions.
Basic theory of the origin of psoriasis:
- Genetic predisposition to disease is transmitted to children from parents on a genetic level. In 55-70%, if someone is sick of the parents, the child will inherit the disease.
- Immune to the formation of papules leads to the failure of the immune system. In the result of an autoimmune aggression it perceives as foreign cells of their own body, therefore, rejects them. The risk of developing the disease increases with a weakened immune system.
- Exchange in accordance with this theory psoriasis is the result of metabolic disorders.
- Endocrine-source development of the disease recognizes the dysfunction of the endocrine system.
- Neurogenic-suggests that psoriasis develops due to a vasomotor neurosis. This means that the basis of disease psychological causes.
- Viral-there is a theory that the causative agent of the disease is a virus. But this theory hold only one. In medicine, there was not a single event that psoriasis is passed from an infected person to a healthy one. Trigger psoriasis can only be an internal dysfunction of the organism, not viruses or bacteria. This disease is non-contagious.
Diagnosis and treatment
Diagnosis of psoriasis is in the external examination of the lesions. The dermatologist evaluates the localization of the papules, the condition of the skin. Even the initial symptoms will enable it to establish the correct diagnosis. The special analysis is not required. In severe forms of the disease the doctor may prescribe a biopsy, x-rays, inoculation of microflora.
Psoriasis is a chronic disease. This means that forever can't be cured. The goal of treatment is to achieve a stable state of remission. It can take years, if appointed competent treatment.
The main types of psoriasis:
- external resources-ointments (solidum capita, hormonal, non-hormonal, sinapi continens), lotions, shampoos;
- internal funds-antibacterial and anti-inflammatory drugs, stimulants, sedatives, antidepressants, vitamins, tranquilizers, antipsychotics, immunopharmacological tools.
- laser therapy,
- selective phototherapy
- ultrasound therapy,
- cryogenic therapy
- PUVA therapy,
When choosing a method of treatment, doctors are focused on the actual condition of the patient. Maximum efficiency provides comprehensive therapy.
Noticing the first signs of psoriasis on the skin, it is important to immediately consult a dermatologist.
He will be able to confirm or refute the diagnosis. Because the causes of psoriasis are many, each person needs to take care of the health, to protect the skin from injuries and burns because the first papules are formed most often on damaged areas of the epidermis.