Psoriasis on the elbows is quite common form of the disease. Statistics show that the frequency of occurrence of psoriasis on the elbows higher in people of middle age. The main characteristic manifestations of the disease are psoriatic lesions on the extensor surfaces of the hands.
Symptoms of psoriasis on elbows
Psoriasis on the elbows treatment should begin immediately while the disease did not develop into more serious and complicated stage.
There are certain symptoms that allow early detection on elbows symptoms of the disease and possible to cure psoriasis.
- Psoriasis elbow photo patients clearly given to understand that in this part of the hands formed inflammatory lesions, which may have different diameter;
- Rashes are prone to peripheral growth;
- The initial stage is accompanied by the fact that the elbow is covered by a single lesions;
- If you do not begin to treat the disease, a single plaque will merge, turning into larger formations on the elbows;
- On the surface of the elbows appear the scales are a silver color, which is easy to remove even with a slight mechanical action;
- Scratching the patches on the elbows, you remove a thin film, which will open the area of the skin pink-red hue. It can manifest itself in a drop of blood that is called the phenomenon of red dew.
- Sometimes elbows can appear papules with rims around and without scales;
- Disease of the elbows is characterized by the passage of waves, that is, there may come exacerbation, remission and then worsening again;
- In the formation of diffuse lesions of the elbows and lack of appropriate treatment, comes the advanced stage of psoriasis. To cure the chronic form of the disease is problematic;
- Sometimes the disease that the patient does not cure, is complicated by the manifestation of arthritis;
- If you start on time and effective treatment of elbows to get rid of all symptoms of psoriasis can be for 1-2 months;
- Most people who are faced with psoriasis on the elbows, note the presence of itching;
- How to treat psoriasis on the elbows? Curing the disease is impossible. But if it is correct to assign something to treat psoriasis and to follow orders of the doctor, the disease can be a long time to enter into a state of remission.
The appearance of psoriasis on elbows how to treat and what to use, can only tell the doctor. For this he will need to identify the potential causes, which woke up to this disease.
The true reasons of why is psoriasis of the elbows, still has not been determined. But there are factors that affect a revival of the disease. This is because the disease considered to be hereditary type of the disease, a tendency which is passed from generation to generation.
To start the mechanism of development of psoriasis on elbows can:
- The presence of a genetic predisposition in combination with external and internal influences;
- Irregularities in the systems that are responsible for metabolism;
- The "problem" of the endocrine system;
- Constant or severe stress, anxiety and nervous shock;
- Problems with the immune system;
- The presence of the skin to mechanical damage — scratches, bumps and cuts.
Methods of psoriasis treatment elbows
To get rid of psoriasis on the elbows need to exert some efforts and exercise patience. To cure the disease quickly fail. Plus, you need exposure and accurate implementation of all physician orders and instructions for medication.
How to cure the disease on the elbows? It is recommended to use methods of complex effects on disease. Comprehensive treatment consists of several ways, each of which has its own characteristics.
- Local treatment. Provides for the application of medical ointments, creams or lotions. The funds of the local impact necessarily getting together with the dermatologist. The initial stage of the disease, it is recommended to treat with simple medications, which has no hormones. They have no side effects and virtually no contraindications, except individual intolerance. And hormonal ointments potentially dangerous, if you violate the instructions of their use. Hormonal drugs are prescribed only in acute stages, when other medicines do not help.
- Vitamins. Taking vitamin complexes plays an important role as a means for the treatment of psoriasis. To determine the missing body of matter, conducted appropriate tests. On their basis the doctor prescribes a specific vitamin complex. Misuse of vitamins is also not worth it, otherwise their properties can result in unpleasant consequences for the organism.
- Diet. Nutrition is the Foundation of a successful recovery. There are many special diets and developments in the nutrition of the patient during psoriasis. Repeatedly in humans, the psoriasis was gone, just moving on to a healthier lifestyle, eliminating harmful and potentially dangerous products from the diet.
- Photochemotherapy. Appropriate procedures are usually conducted in a hospital. They are different and are prescribed depending on the patient's current condition.
- Physiotherapy. Also is the prerogative of the stationary Spa treatment, but can be used in the treatment at home. List of physical therapy and the frequency of their conduct is prescribed by your doctor.
- Traditional medicine. Already not one folk remedy has proved its worth in the treatment of various forms of the disease. Therefore, many use traditional recipes, preferring bought ointment. Home ointment can work better than drugs. But their use must be agreed with your doctor. If he approves of your technique and it will be combined with those drugs that have appointed specialist, the efficiency of complex treatment can seriously increase.
It is important to understand that self-medication often leads to severe complications cure that will be much more expensive and it takes a huge amount of time. You at least need hormonal ointment, injections and a number of very unpleasant and sometimes painful procedures.
To prevent the worsening of your condition if the elbow psoriasis are advised to follow the doctor's orders, and to comply with certain measures to prevent the disease.
The appearance of psoriasis on the elbows should give you the right idea — immediate treatment. If you manage to beat the disease and move psoriasis on elbows in remission, the length of this period can be significantly increased.
To do this follow the simple rules of prevention of psoriasis.
- Minimizes the number of stressful situations, worries and nervous breakdowns;
- Stick to the assigned dermatologist and nutritionist diet. If you know the specifics about your body and confident in the absence of allergies to certain foods, you can develop a diet by the method of Pegano;
- Increase the duration of sleep. During sleep the body more effectively treats psoriasis. The duration of sleep should be 8 hours;
- Try to completely eliminate alcohol and Smoking. It does not only have a positive affect psoriasis the elbows but also get rid of many other problems;
- Preventive measures to prevent psoriasis on the elbows;
- Protect the skin of the elbows from chemical and mechanical damage.
Psoriasis is a rather unpleasant disease, which takes a lot of time and effort. But neglect can lead to serious consequences.