In modern dermatology psoriasis is one of the most pressing social and health problems, due to the significant percentage from 14.6% to 24% of the total structure of all skin diseases. Most often psoriasis appears in the scalp. This form of the disease among all species of this disease is according to different authors, from 50 to 80%.
Psoriasis of the scalp requires adequate treatment to prevent progression and spread of the disease. In addition, he brings a lot of psychological and social problems of patients, as the skin defect is impossible to hide from the sight of others.
Psoriasis of the scalp often isolated, localized form, but can sometimes be complicated by psoriatic arthritis which leads to disability of patients.
Be aware that when psoriasis scalp, as if not aggressive was the process, the hair never falls out, because the rashes do not affect the hair follicles and do not interfere with their normal growth.
- Infectious diseases;
- Chronic diseases of internal organs;
- Parasitic infestation;
- The gastrointestinal disorders;
- Injury of the scalp;
- Stress and increased nervousness;
- Chronic infections (caries, chronic tonsillitis, sinusitis, pyelonephritis);
- Regular exposure to low temperature on the scalp;
- Improper and unbalanced diet (eating large quantities of chocolate, coffee, sweets);
- Bad habits (alcohol, Smoking, drugs);
Symptoms of psoriasis of the scalp
How is psoriasis of the scalp:
- Is flaking in small areas of the scalp, is often starts at the back. Patients usually start to use the dandruff shampoos, taking these symptoms for seborrheic dermatitis.
- Peeling captures a large area of skin, itching and minor skin irritation.
- Itching and skin irritation are increasing, the patient scratching the skin to the blood. On the scalp there are wounds.
- The skin becomes dry, rough and not elastic, it is easily damaged. Then there are large red patches and bumps.
- Platelets start to peel off rapidly, the surface of formed gray scales.
- Plaques merge and beyond the line of growth of hair, forming a crown of psoriasis (affects the part of the forehead and behind the ear).
Zone of localization of psoriasis of the scalp
- Skin behind and above the ears
- The back of the head
- The back of the neck.
Detail about the disease, psoriasis is described in the article: "Psoriasis: causes, symptoms, classification, stages and degrees of severity," and the article "Psoriasis. Treatment and skin care".
Local therapy in the treatment of psoriasis of the scalp
Its essence lies in the use of such medicinal creams, ointments, emulsions, shampoos and lotions that have:
- low toxicity;
- maximum efficiency with minimum exposure;
- the property of light distribution over the scalp;
- convenience (in cosmetic terms) application — the absence of color, smell, setting and drying effects on the hair.
Today, unfortunately, the maximum meet the requirements of universal remedies do not yet exist.
When psoriasis treatment scalp hormonal products, their continuous application should not exceed 2-3 weeks. Moreover, it is necessary to stick to a diet.
Psoriasis of the scalp: treatment of folk remedies
Treatment of psoriasis of the scalp at home is possible only after consultation with your doctor.
Folk remedies from psoriasis for oral administration
For the treatment of psoriasis using infusions and decoctions of herbs that normalize metabolism, enhance immunity, improve functioning of the gastrointestinal tract and have anti-inflammatory effect.
- Take 20 g of grass succession and calamus root, 15 g of black elderberry flowers, roots of elecampane, cowberry leaves, horsetail, corn flour and 10 g of celandine. Add 500 ml of boiling water and then in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, then cool and strain. The infusion of the herb should be consumed 100 ml 2 times a day for 2 weeks.
- Take 30 grams of leaves of black currant and black elderberry flowers, 20 g of walnut leaves, violet tricolor, cottonweed forest, horsetail, lime flowers and 10 g of celandine. Add 500 ml of boiling water and then in preheated oven about 30 minutes or wrap a warm towel for 2-3 hours, then cool and strain. The infusion of the herb should be consumed 100 ml 2 times a day for 2 weeks.
- Take 20 g of the roots of burdock and violet tricolor, 5 g nettle leaves, black elderberry flowers, the Thistle curly (cnicus). Add 500 ml of boiling water and then in preheated oven about 30 minutes or wrap a warm towel for 2-3 hours, then cool and strain. The infusion of the herb should be consumed between meals of 200 ml 2-3 times a day for 2 weeks.
- Take 30 g of nettle leaves and burdock roots and 20 g of dandelion root. Add 500 ml of boiling water and cook for 5 minutes on low heat, leave the mixture for 60 minutes. and then strain. The infusion of the herb should be consumed between meals 100 ml 2 -3 times a day for 2 weeks.
- Tincture of Safor Japanese is done as follows: take 3 tbsp. l. flowers Safor Japanese and 500 ml. of vodka Herb, place in a glass bowl, pour vodka and infuse in a dark place for one month. Take 5 ml 3 times a day for a month.
Folk cough remedies for external use
Treatment of psoriasis with traditional medicine involves the use of ointments, lotions, baths to reduce the itching, soften the skin, promote skin healing and reduce inflammation.
Ointment of propolis
Take 250 g of natural butter and completely melt in the hot oil add 25 g of propolis, stir and let cool. The resulting ointment should be placed in a sterilized glass jar with a lid to make it easy to store in the refrigerator. Before applying ointments psoriatic parts wipe with 3% hydrogen peroxide and let dry then apply a thin layer of ointment, the procedure is performed 1-2 times daily until improvement.
Ointment of celandine
Take equal proportions of grass celandine and pharmaceutical vaseline, mix and apply to affected skin 1 time a day for 3 days, on the 4th day – do nothing for 4-6 months.
An ointment made of honey and egg white
Take egg white, may bee honey 1 S. L., children cream 1 tsp vaseline medical 2 tsp, stir and apply to affected psoriasis areas 1-2 times a day.
Ointment with garlic ash
Take liquid honey 100 g and ash of garlic 1 tablespoon of Ash is prepared as follows: place on baking sheet garlic cloves and bake them until they turn into ashes. Honey and ashes from the garlic, mix and apply to affected skin 1 time a day.
Ointment of tar and camphor oil
Take pharmacy birch tar 150 g, camphor alcohol, 150 ml of ethanol, 75 ml egg yolks 3 eggs, thoroughly mix all ingredients. The mixture is applied to affected skin 3-4 times a day, not washed off for 3 days, and then wash the hair and scalp soap out of tar. Such manipulations need to spend 4-5 times.
Ointment fish oil, tar and copper sulphate
Take pharmacy birch tar, 1 tbsp cod liver oil and butter oil, copper sulphate 1/2 tsp, boil over a slow fire, stirring constantly, store in a sterilized container in the refrigerator. Applied 1 time per day during the month.
Ointment from the roots of elecampane
Take a small piece of fresh bacon and scroll in a meat grinder, the minced meat add 1 tbsp. spoon crushed roots of elecampane, simmer 15 minutes, stirring constantly, strain and store in the refrigerator. Use 1 times a day, applying on affected skin.
Packs of clay for the treatment of psoriasis
Treatment psoriasis clay and mud is used for a long time. At home best fit blue, red or grey clay, as they have the most pronounced antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antipruritic properties.
The clay mask from psoriasis of the scalp
To dissolve the clay according to the instructions and apply on scalp exitus, allow to dry, and then rinse with warm water and rinse your hair with chamomile extract.
A compress of clay and salt
Take the clay and coarse salt (preferably sea) in equal parts, add the broth succession until creamy state, apply a poultice on problem areas and cover with a cloth, soak for 2 hours.
A compress of clay, vinegar and salt
Take the clay and coarse salt in equal proportions, add Apple cider vinegar to the consistency of thick cream, apply on the scalp for 2 hours, then rinse.
Baths for psoriasis of the scalp
Bath mylnjanki medicinal herbs
Take 2 cups of chopped herbs, cover with cold water and boil for 15 minutes then wait 60 minutes, strain the decoction and add to the bath, fully submerge the scalp and body, exposure time 15 min, rate 10 to 15 procedures a day.
Bath of yarrow herb
Bring 2 cups of herbs, cover with water, boil for 20 minutes and allow to steep 1 hour, strain and add to the bath, the exposure time is 15-20 minutes, a course of 10 to 15 procedures a day.
Bath with of grass succession
A decoction of a succession preparing as well as the two previous recipe.
Bath with sea salt for psoriasis
Dissolve in a bath of sea salt 400 g, you can use sea salt with herbs, but without aromatic additives. These baths should be applied 2 times per week for 15-20 minutes, a course of 15-20 procedures.
A bath blend of herbs
Take 4 pieces of chicory roots, 4 parts of Valerian root, 2 parts oregano, 2 parts of hawthorn berries, 2 parts hops 1 part of celandine, pour water, after boiling, the decoction is cooled and insist 40 minutes, then filtered and added to the bath. The bath should be used 2-3 times a week for 15-20 minutes, a course of 15-20 procedures.
Baths with essential oils
Take essential oils of bergamot, juniper, rose 5 drops, and add in a small amount of milk, then dissolve in the bathroom. Bath applied 2 times per week for 15-20 minutes course of 10-15 procedures.