Hair psoriasis is a skin abnormality which is characterized by chronic course and recurrent exacerbations. Currently, this form of the disease is most prevalent. It is accompanied by characteristic symptoms, which enables professionals without the use of instrumental and laboratory techniques to diagnose disease. Despite the fact that psoriasis scalp is not responsible or mortal danger for patients, it significantly complicates their lives.
Psoriasis is incurable and not fully understood disease. For many years scientists from different countries carried out various studies aimed at identifying the reasons for the development of the disease. To date they have not able to establish the exact etiology of psoriasis but bad heredity. Scientists were able to prove that this disease is transmitted genetically and it develops in people under the influence of precipitating factors. There are many internal and external factors that can trigger the development of this form of psoriasis.
These include the following:
The disease who have an infectious etiology.
Stress, constant psycho-emotional stress.
Violation of rules and diet.
Adverse climatic conditions (living in cold regions).
Alcohol abuse (also Smoking).
Pathology that develop in the digestive tract.
Long-term use of drugs.
Any damage of integuments skin: chemical, thermal, mechanical.
Violations in the work of systems such as the endocrine, immune.
Form of the disease
Hairy psoriasis can occur in two forms:
Easy. People on the skin of the head appear isolated lesions, which are small. The surface of the psoriatic plaques covered with small scales.
Heavy. People completely amazed skin. On the scalp there is a large number of psoriatic plaques, which are large, dense structure and large scales.
Modern medicine distinguishes several stages of development of this skin disease:
- Stationary. Patients in the development of the disease does not appear to be new psoriatic plaques, but old rash did not disappear.
- Progressive. At this stage people available psoriatic plaques go beyond the scalp and affect the frontal area, the ears, the neck and t.. d. in Parallel, they are joined by new skin, increasing symptoms.
- Regressive. Patients at this stage of the disease gradually disappear typical symptoms. In place of psoriatic plaques are formed dark spots.
Localization of lesions
Hair psoriasis is a skin disorder which is diagnosed in almost 60% of people who appealed to dermatologists with complaints of manifestation of characteristic symptoms. If the disease is not treated in time, people will have to face serious complications.
As a rule, in this form of the disease psoriatic plaques appear in the following areas:
- Affects the skin cover, located above and behind the ears. The lesions spread to the earlobes.
- Psoriatic plaques covered the occipital and frontal area.
- Affects the skin of the skin on the back of the neck.
- Psoriatic lesions appear in between rows of hair.
The first sign of the development of this form of pathology are characteristic rash on the scalp. People who notice at any rash should be immediately referred to a medical facility for consultation. They should not attempt to carry out local treatment, as it will lead to serious complications.
Usually this form of psoriasis develops in stages:
Initially, the skin skin appear papules, which are pink. Their surface contains flakes. Happens quite quickly their transformation in psoriatic plaques. At a very early stage of the disease people do not notice the pronounced symptoms. Many patients do not pay enough attention to sporadic eruptions. With the development of pathology on the skin there is peeling, which is often accompanied by irritation and itching.
The next stage is inflammation, irritation increases and the itching intensifies. Patients begin to comb lesions, which in their places there are abrasions, scratches and cracks.
With the progression of pathology of psoriatic plaques increase in size, their structure is compacted, and the surface becomes more rough. Patients occur exfoliation of the scales from the hair accumulates a large amount of dandruff, which has a whitish color.
In the next stage of psoriatic scales rapidly increase in size and acquire the appearance of flakes. Itching increases, patients are beginning to strongly brush the skin, which leads to the deterioration process of the disease.
The skin lose their natural elasticity and injured even with a light physical impact. At the head of the patient appear bumps, and plaques covered the entire hairy area.
If people don't pass medical treatment, the pathological process spread to other parts of the body.
In young children the disease develops in the following way:
Originally the scalp redness appear.
The next step is maceration (softened skin cover).
Begins the process of flaking of psoriatic scales.
In certain places formed pockets of congestion of scales. If the disease develops in children of younger age group, in which its first manifestations resemble diaper rash. Many moms begin to resolve this problem, leading to complications of the disease.
Before assigning the patient a course of drug therapy, the dermatologist needs to conduct a series of diagnostic procedures and to differentiate the disease from other skin pathologies that have identical symptoms. As a rule, the intake specialist performs the following range of actions:
The inspection of the damaged layers of the skin.
He listens to the complaints of the patient are determined by all external symptoms.
Going to the history of pathology.
Studies of psoriatic scales under a microscope.
Biopsy, after which the collected material is transferred for histological examination.
Assigned laboratory blood.
After the patient was diagnosed with psoriasis hair specialist to explain it than to treat it. As a rule, for each patient we develop an individual scheme of complex therapy, which includes a wide range of activities:
Is local treatment.
The patient is translated on a special diet.
Assigned to physiotherapy, which should pass the courses.
Shown attending specialized sanatoria and health resorts, which is practiced mud therapy and mineral waters.
Drug therapy may include the following groups of medicines:
- antihistamine; and
- allergen medicines;
- vitamin-mineral complexes;
- retinoids (aromatic);
- drugs, which are used in immunotherapy (non-specific), for example, aloe, ATP;
- of cytostatics.
This category of patients can be assigned to intravenous infusions gemodeza (solution). Also specialists when indicated can assign the introduction of autologous blood (calcined). It should be noted that these drugs as cytotoxic agents and corticosteroids are prescribed in severe disease, when more light medicines did not bring the expected therapeutic effect. In that case, if the skin disease has joined infection (secondary), then in the course of therapy included antibiotics.
Due to the fact that this skin disease often develops on the background of psycho-emotional tension, stress and nervous disorders, patients are prescribed special medications with groups normotonikov, anxiolytics, antidepressants.
They have the following effect:
- Normalize sleep.
- Eliminate fully or partially the anxiety, depression.
- Help to get rid of social phobia.
- Relieve stress and increase the resistance of patients to stressful situations.
- Reduce the intensity of itching.
In the treatment of skin pathology, which manifested itself in the scalp, dermatologists prescribe patients medications for external treatment of lesions:
Ointment (agens). Shown regular use of ointments such as Salicylic, Naftalan, In sulphur-tar, Ichthyol.
Ointment (glucocorticoid) prescribed to patients if they have severe disease.
The drug, which includes various acids in high concentrations. He goes to the pharmacy in the form of a solution, which is designed for external treatment of the skin of the skin of the scalp.
Special shampoos, which have a therapeutic effect.
- In case of complex hair therapy of psoriasis, patients are assigned to various courses of physiotherapy: it is Shown holding the irradiation of skin with ultraviolet light or laser (erbium).
- Assigned to sessions of PUVA therapy, hemosorption, hydrotherapy.
- It is recommended to undergo procedures of plasmapheresis. D.
When conducting a comprehensive treatment of fibrous psoriasis patients may concurrently apply old methods. To choose for themselves the most effective and safe prescription every patient should consult their dermatologist. In the fight against this incurable disease can help the following healing tools:
- Going grass celandine (300g), which are washed, dried and crushed. From the obtained slurry liquid must be overcome, to which is added dry red wine (30ml). The affected skin should be treated with this composition, leave it for 15-17 minutes, then rinse thoroughly under running water.
- Young of sunflower (2pcs) you need to prepare the tincture: they are crushed and poured white wine (100ml). The container is sealed and she has to stand in a dark place for two days. After that from the mixture of press juice. This healing liquid necessary to treat the lesions. This recipe is ideal for those patients in whom psoriatic manifestations are accompanied by inflammation.
- Gather blossoms of elder (1st.l.), put in a bowl and pour boiling water (450ml). Infuse the contents of the pan must have not less than one and a half hours. Thereafter, the mixture was filtered, and the medicinal solution is used in an hour after eating half a Cup.
- The bowl contains natural honey (1st.l.), to which is added protein (1pc), a small amount of shampoo (baby). All components are thoroughly mixed, and then applied to the lesions. After 25 minutes means you need to rinse under running water.
How to care for your hair?
If a person was diagnosed with psoriasis of the hair, he needs to learn how to properly care for this area. In that case, if patients are going to implement all the recommendations of professionals they will be able to achieve good results in the process of therapy:
- The scalp should be washed only with special shampoos.
- While combing hair, you must use a comb with bristles made from natural materials. Manipulation should be done very carefully so as not to injure psoriatic plaques, otherwise they can get infected.
- Every day, patients should undertake a sanitization of all tools used for personal hygiene.
- Dermatologists do not advise such patients to use the dryers, dye your hair, do perms, because such action can cause additional damage to the skin.
- If the disease be severe, the ideal solution would be a short haircut, which will greatly facilitate both the external skin treatment medicines and hair care products.