Psoriasis on head is not dangerous for the life of the patient. However, quite often the causes of this disease can trigger the development of many psychological problems, and isolation of the patient in a social society.
Psoriasis scalp is not contagious and relates to chronic diseases, which may be accompanied by frequent relapses. Typical manifestations is the emergence of psoriatic plaques of different sizes in the area of hair growth on the head and surrounding skin.
Often this form is the initial development of psoriasis. After the rash can spread to the whole body. Significant difference from dandruff in hair on the head is the content in psoriatic plaques excess amount of sebaceous secretion.
The factors in the development of psoriasis
Clearly answer the question of why psoriasis affects the area of hair growth on the head, is impossible, as the etiology of psoriasis is not fully understood. However, with 100% certainty it can be argued that psoriasis of any form is not contagious and is not transmitted by contact.
The main reason for the development of psoriasis in the field of hair experts believe a violation of metabolic processes in the body, which the body responds with accelerated cell division.
Comparative data indicate that psoriasis in the head progresses over 5 days, at that time, standard time, cellular reproduction is about 3 weeks.
According to scientists, there are precipitating causes of disorders of the hair, which include:
- damage to the skin in the area of growth of hair on the head as a result of mechanical action;
- the weakening of the immune system and a tendency to stressful situations;
- irrational nutrition;
- the strengthening psoriasis symptoms on head it is possible, if the body is foci of chronic infection;
- addictions (nicotine, alcohol);
- quite often causes of psoriasis in the area of growth of hair on the head are in violation of the gastrointestinal tract;
- to the development of psoriasis can lead to prolonged drug therapy (especially if the treatment uses steroid drugs);
- sustained exposure to low temperatures on the head and the hair;
- hormonal disturbance (puberty, pregnancy, etc.).
The sudden development of psoriasis on the head in the growth zone of the hair is more often observed in patients over 35 years old and inherited genetically form of psoriasis, usually occurs after 25 years.
Symptoms of psoriasis on the head
In the initial stage of psoriasis symptoms occur discreetly and at external examination, the patient has no significant complaints.
Psoriasis of the scalp in an advanced stage occurs with the appearance of small peeling and itching. Further symptoms can be accompanied by an appearance of psoriatic plaques (see photo), there are signs of skin cracking. Flaking is replaced by the thickening of the psoriasis areas (see photo).
In case of untimely treatment of psoriasis in the head increase dramatically negative symptoms in the form of active exfoliation and further substitution of plaques with scales grayish color. They can be observed not only on scalp but also on the whole body.
The stage of the disease
The method of treatment, as well as what looks like psoriasis on the head, is affected by the stage of development of psoriasis:
Initial. At this stage there are single pinkish papules on the head (pictured) which rise on the skin accompanied by severe itching and mechanical damage begin to bleed. Appearance papules resemble a small pimple with clearly defined edges. This stage is characterized by the symptom of psoriatic triad.
Quite often this leads to confusion of some of the patients taking the psoriasis for dandruff and for a long time vainly trying to get rid of it with treatment of dandruff.
This stage of the disease is accompanied by a rash not only on the skin of the scalp, but also the ears and neck. In rare cases of psoriatic manifestations on the face (pictured) that resemble seborrheic dermatitis or Allergy. If rash on the scalp is characterized by the appearance of "psoriatic crown".
Psoriasis in the head is accompanied by the symmetrical appearance of rounded papules, which can reach up to 10 cm in the Initial stage, most often, is not perceived by the patient seriously, although such signs are able to show on the seborrheic form of psoriasis manifestations.
Progressive. At this stage there is the appearance of new elements. In this case the existing papules can spread to the periphery, which is classified as a symptom Kebner.
Stationary. At this stage there has been no development of new lesions, and the already present on the scalp do not disappear.
Regressive. In this stage the symptoms of psoriasis in the area of growth of hair on the head slowly neutralized. This stage is characterized by symptom Voronova (the light ring around the papules in the head).
In severe development of symptoms is possible total defeat plaques of the skin in the area of hair growth on the head. The scales thicken considerably and become more. Severe stage of psoriasis is an indication for release from military service, since the army will only aggravate the severity of symptoms.
Psoriasis in children
Psoriasis in children can occur atypically, so parents can not identify the initial symptoms of psoriasis. The child's psoriasis is manifested by redness on the head and in the crease area, which subsequently occurs maceration and exfoliation of dead skin particles of the epidermis. Often the symptoms of psoriasis resemble candidiasis, diaper rash, and eczematids.
The younger the child, the atypically developing the initial symptoms of psoriasis. Sometimes psoriatic lesions in a child can appear when a baby is given any medicine. In children, unlike adults, psoriasis is a prolonged disease. To deal with it and have using specific treatment. The exception is teardrop psoriasis light stage of the child.
Quite often, negative manifestations on the skin provokes the incorrect diet, therefore, when the diagnosis of psoriasis in children in the first place a doctor finds out — is it diet and what type of food present in the menu of the child. After receiving the answers to their questions, the diet can be adjusted individually.
For the rapid elimination of external manifestations of psoriasis need medication. Quickly remove the pathogenic process and to restore the condition of skin and hair, using a spray and lotions for external use, for example, Skin-cap. Under the instructions of the spray safe for children and pregnant women. The advantage of this medication is the ability to combine spray with other therapeutic agents. In addition, spray Skin-cap does not contain hormonal components. The cost of this drug averages 1600 rubles. and depends on the region of residence of the patient.
Treatment of psoriasis on the head
Many patients with a similar diagnosis interested in the question of how to get rid of psoriasis on your head? Treatment of psoriasis of the scalp is carried out with special events:
- drug therapy;
- external preparations (spray, gels);
- proper nutrition;
- treatment in the resort areas.
The hard and fast rule of treatment effectiveness is its support of a highly qualified specialist, as self-treatment may cause great harm to the patient.
Common therapeutic interventions. Treatment of psoriasis in the head region medical is performed in the following cases:
- antihistamines, which relieve swelling and itching of tissues;
- usually in psoriasis scalp are vitamins increase resistance and have a strengthening effect on the body;
- to improve the immune system immunomodulators are recommended;
- welcome retinoids;
- in severe cases, to get rid of psoriasis symptoms on scalp with the help of corticosteroids. Note, however, that are primarily used drugs, which drug is less toxic.
When you join secondary infection can treat psoriasis with antibiotics, but drugs such as corticosteroid and must be taken very carefully, as these funds could provoke complications.
External treatment. To relieve the acute symptoms, it is recommended to use in the treatment of external preparations:
- ointment lamellar keratoplasty;
- lotions with vitamin D3;
- lotions with the addition of dithranol;
- glucocorticoids (cream) — are prescribed in severe course of the disease;
psychotropic drugs. Before use this group of drugs should take into account that they help to treat psoriasis only in conjunction with the main treatment. Most often psychotropic drugs are prescribed for effective treatment of stress and reduce nervous tension of the patient.
You cannot apply psychotropic drugs as treatment when they may develop the condition when traditional medicine development of psoriasis scalp may be ineffective. Such action can be caused by serotonergic antidepressants. In addition, they can provoke enhanced hormonal growth, which only increases the symptoms.
Shampoos. Some patients, especially women who are interested in the question of is there a cure for psoriasis on head with shampoo?
In the treatment of disease is often use the following shampoos:
- antifungal shampoos with the addition of ketoconazole;
- medicinal shampoo with ichthyol or salicylic acid;
- for children.
It must be remembered that for a full treatment of psoriatic symptoms is not enough to use only shampoos, but in General the treatment of psoriasis in the head shampoos play an important role, which is confirmed by the testimonials of patients and doctors.
Physiotherapy. In the complex treatment to get rid of psoriatic plaques with the following events:
- PUVA therapy;
- effects on psoriatic areas of the erbium laser;
- sanatorium treatment;
Popular treatment. The question of how to cure psoriasis on the head, using traditional recipes, there is often enough. Since ancient times, doctors helped the sick with medicinal herbs. Note that, as the main method of treatment of psoriasis symptoms of the scalp, using traditional recipes, not worth it. They are effective only in complex with traditional treatment.
It is important to remember that traditional medicines can have a large impact on the head, which can cause skin irritation. Therefore, before starting treatment you need to consult with your doctor.
Often uses the following recipes for the treatment of psoriasis:
- at home often used celandine and recipes. You can prepare a medicinal infusion. To do this, take celandine (300 g), grind it in a meat grinder, and then squeeze all the juice out. Then the infusion is added dry red wine (30 ml). Cooked the mixture to smear psoriatic patches on the head, leaving it for maximum impact at least 15-20 minutes, then wash off the remnants of the mixture;
- it is recommended to prepare a solution of celandine on the alcohol. For this you need powdered dry celandine (¼ article), pour 0.5 liters of alcohol, leaving for 2-3 hours to infuse. Cooked medium wash affected area with psoriasis, you should then rinse hair with infusion of chamomile;
- at home, you can prepare the cream of solidol (300 gr.), 2 egg whites eggs, 1 tbsp honey and 1 tbsp of ground celandine. It is recommended to smear the mixture region of the head psoriasis 1 R. (in the morning) for 5 days, after that you need to take a short break;
- psoriasis scalp well neutralized using the ointments prepared at home (vaseline + ash of twigs of the wild rose) in 1:1 ratio. This means you should smear the head daily. The positive effect of the treatment after 7 days. An important condition for such treatment is a daily washing of the hair. Therefore, it is recommended to wash your hair with detergents with the addition of tar;
- traditional recipes are advised to prepare ointment for the head, using the celandine sorrel and birch tar in equal proportions. The solution is 1 p. per day, no more than 20 minutes and allows you to effectively get rid of psoriatic manifestations on the scalp. Note that this ointment is highly valid and is not recommended its application at night.