At this stage of development of medicine to cure psoriasis forever while it is impossible, since the mechanisms of its occurrence and manifestations has not been studied. This disease has a chronic character. This means that periods of remission replaced exacerbations. If you choose the right course of treatment and comply with it, will be able to maximize remission and minimize the number of exacerbations. In this issue, we need the professional approach. At the first sign of the disease, immediately contact a doctor.
The risk of psoriasis
The view that psoriasis brings only aesthetic discomfort wrongly. The danger of this disease for the entire body cannot be underestimated. The disease is systemic, which means that it affects all internal organs.
Psoriasis is triggered by disruptions in the functioning of the immune system. If you do not start timely treatment, it entails enormous complications: nail psoriasis may lead to deformation and complete loss of the nail plate;
- develop liver disease, kidney;
- plaques appear not only on the body, but the mucous membrane, they can be localized in the bladder, the urethra, which causes cystitis, urethritis, prostatitis;
- deteriorating joints in the future, there is psoriatic arthritis;
- there is a risk of damage to the nervous system, sometimes with psoriasis develop polyneuritis, epilepsy, encephalopathy;
- enlargement and inflammation of the lymph nodes;
- heart problems;
- eye disease conjunctivitis, lumbos lens;
- Palmar-plantar psoriasis is associated with pain, so difficult to go to perform manipulations with his hands.
Psoriatic papules may appear on any area of the body. Most often they first appear on the elbows, knees. Dependent on the localization and characteristics of the symptoms, the disease is classified into different types.
Hormonal and non-hormonal therapy in the treatment of psoriasis
Cure of psoriasis is possible using hormonal and non-hormonal therapy. Each of these methods has advantages and disadvantages and application features.
In the initial stages, doctors prescribe non-hormonal drugs. They are slow, so suggest a long course of treatment. With their help it is possible to eliminate uncomfortable symptoms that accompany the disease. They eliminate itching, moisturize the skin, promote healing of wounds. Such medicines are suitable for treating children.
In advanced forms, or if non-hormonal drugs did not improve the patient's condition, prescribed hormonal therapy. It involves the use of corticosteroids produced in the body by the adrenal cortex. Their main task is to normalize metabolic processes.
In the treatment of psoriasis use 2 subspecies of hormones:
Glucocorticoids normalize glucose metabolism. This group includes cortisone, hydrocortisone.
Mineralocorticoids normalizes the exchange of minerals, particularly salts of calcium, sodium and potassium. The main representative is.
The main advantage of hormonal therapy, this approach helps to quickly cure the symptoms of psoriasis. But these medicines have a very rapid effect on the body, which leads to many side effects. This applies to both tablets and ointments. The hormones contained in drugs for external use, absorbed by the skin, penetrate into the blood, are carried throughout the body.
Complications that can cause hormonal therapy:
the development of diabetes steroid type;
the deposition of salts in the joints, arthritis;
the decrease in the level of production of potassium salts, which support the work of the heart;
increase in blood pressure; swelling of the face and body; increased cholesterol;
renal dysfunction, liver; failure of the menstrual cycle;
the increased blood clotting, thrombosis;
neurological disorder; deterioration of the skin;
quick weight gain, obesity.
Hormone therapy can be used only as directed by your doctor, strictly following the assigned dosage without exceeding course of treatment. The dose of the drugs should be decreasing.
Never self-medicate, using hormonal drugs. They are strictly contraindicated for pregnant women and nursing mothers. It is important to consider that some hormones very slowly excreted, so that hormone therapy was less than 2 years, there is a risk of malformations of the fetus.
Dependent on the stage and severity of the disease for the treatment of psoriasis is selected monotherapy (provides for the appointment of the 1st drug), or using multiple tools. If you need to cure chronic psoriasis usually combine medication internal therapy, which include pills, injections, external preparations of the action of ointments, lotions, creams, medicated shampoos. Consider more drugs effective in the treatment of various stages of psoriasis.
Medicines for internal use
To get rid of psoriasis will help:
Pills and injections assigned in the acute period of the disease. They reduce itching and have a sedative effect, normalizes functioning of the nervous system. Very effective antihistamine drugs of the new generation. They are used when the patient's normal sleep.
Reduce the activity of the pathological process of cell division that improves the appearance of skin, promotes the disappearance of papules.
Improve skin in psoriasis. It is a derivative of vitamin A should be carefully. Is contraindicated during pregnancy planning and during gestation.
Effectively cleanse the body of toxins, that is paramount in the treatment of psoriasis, especially if the disease progresses
If the background of psoriasis develop infectious disease are assigned to Cephalosporins, Penicillins, Macrolides, Interferon.
Required if psoriasis is accompanied by disorders of the gastrointestinal tract
Normalize the functioning of T-lymphocytes, which play a key role in the development of psoriasis. Drugs such as Cyclosporine Sandimmune And interfere because T-lymphocytes aggressively affect healthy skin cells.
It is important to note that immunosuppressants are toxic, therefore used only by the doctor.
This is a non-steroidal medication. They relieve inflammation and reduce or minimize pain.
Development of modern pharmaceutical industry. They normalize the activity of T-lymphocytes, but inhibit the immune system. The person becomes susceptible to viruses, infections.
Additionally you need to take vitamin complexes.
Medicines for external use
At the initial stage of psoriasis is easy to cure with special ointments and creams. In severe form of the disease, they are a necessary component of complex therapy, because they allow as much as possible and to quickly eliminate the symptoms directly affect the psoriatic papules.
The most effective drugs:
Hormonal ointments and creams
Due to the content of hormones act after a few applications. They are administered in the acute phase of the disease to reduce inflammation, peeling, itching, suppress excessive growth of skin cells.
Hormonal drugs have different intensity of effects on the body. In this parameter, they are divided into 4 classes:
- Class I - contain low concentrations of hormones, are assigned with a small number of papules, especially if they are on areas of the body with a delicate skin (face, odor);
- Class II reduces the permeability of blood vessels, eliminate swelling, itching, inflammation.
- Class III - are rapidly eliminating the chronic symptoms of psoriasis;
- Class IV are the most active hormonal drugs, which help in the most advanced forms of psoriasis. Their active ingredients quickly penetrate into the skin
The maximum duration of treatment of hormonal therapy is 7-14 days with a gradual dose reduction, otherwise there will be addictive to the drug.
non-hormonal ointments and creams
Improve condition of the skin, minimize the uncomfortable feelings that accompany psoriasis. The main types of these drugs:
- tar are made on the basis of birch, pine tar, effectively fight inflammation on the skin, stops abnormal cell division, these drugs are Vishnevsky ointment, and intraalveolar ointment indifferent act superficially, moisturize and soften the skin, are appointed for the progressive stage of the disease, this group includes salicylic and zinc ointment;
- ointment with solidol are based on solidol, soften the surface of the skin, stimulate cell renewal of the epidermis, antiseptic and anaesthetic effects; of ointment with vitamins stimulate metabolic processes and improve skin condition;
- ointments containing oil relieve pain, itching, stimulate exfoliation of psoriatic papules;
- ointments of mustard gas used in stationary and moves stages of the disease
Benefits of non-hormonal ointments they are not addictive, does not affect the activity of the endocrine system and other internal organs that are compatible with other medicines.
Medicated shampoos to treat psoriasis of the scalp.
Having a comprehensive effect, they negate the discomfort and stimulate the healing process of papules, help the skin to recover. The main types of shampoos:
- antifungal - remove from the surface of the skin fungus, relieve itching, flaking;
- tar - containing tar, which cleanses the skin from dead cells, eliminates itching, reduces inflammation;
- treatment, contain Ichthyol, salicylic acid, zinc, contribute to the healing of the papules, stimulates regenerative processes of the skin;
- cosmetic - containing a minor concentration of the treatment components, therefore, are assigned to prevent psoriasis, but not for treatment;
- children - designed for the treatment of psoriasis in a child, therefore, made of most natural components do not contain chemical compounds, fragrances.
Patches of psoriasis
The new facility, which is glued to the affected skin. Includes oil, borneol, fluocinonide, which guarantee no Allergy, anti-inflammatory and regenerating effect
In the treatment of all types of psoriasis high efficiency is achieved physiotherapy. Hold them only at the stationary stage of the disease. In the acute phase physical therapy is not used.
Consider the most popular procedures:
- UV radiation is dependent on the area affected of the skin is used zonal or total exposure. Not used in the treatment of psoriasis year. The number and duration of procedures are determined individually.
- Electrosleep has a sedative effect, normalizes the activity of the nervous system. Accelerates the healing process of papules. Is 8-10 procedures for 20-60 minutes.
- Selective phototherapy (S. F. T) affected by psoriasis areas of the skin exposed to waves with a length of 310-340 nm. Promotes long-term remission. The duration of treatment is determined individually.
- PUVA therapy is assigned when severe stage psoriasis affected large areas of the skin. The essence of the procedure patients are inside photosensitizers, and then undergo irradiation by the UV wavelengths of 320-400 nm. We need to go to 25 sessions. You may experience side effects dryness, itching, redness, skin pigmentation, nausea, hepatitis.
- Radiotherapy to the affected areas of the epidermis is irradiated with ultra-soft or soft x-rays. It eliminates itching and inflammation, accelerates healing. The procedure is performed 1 time per 4-7 days.
- The papules irradiated with ultrasound waves with a frequency of 800-3000 kHz. To achieve anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antiallergenic effect is 8-14 session maximum duration of 15 minutes.
- Cryotherapy reduces itching, stimulates the metabolism. To stimulate healing of the papules, you need to go 20-25 procedures 2-3.5 minutes twice a day.
- Magnetic therapy prescribed for all kinds of diseases, but is particularly effective for the treatment of psoriatic arthritis. Normalizes the activity of the Central nervous system, relieves itching, stimulates the regeneration of the procession of the skin. The duration of treatment is 10-12 sessions for 10 minutes.
- Laser therapy is a painless method, which involves irradiation of the papules with a laser, which contributes to their rapid healing. The number and duration of procedures the doctor determines individually.
- Bath with sea salt will negate the symptoms of the disease, improve the condition of the skin. For their preparation need water 37-37°C, per liter of which are dissolved 5 g of salt. Take 15-20 days to 15-20 minutes.
Many who cured psoriasis completely, having a comprehensive course of sanatorium-resort treatment. It provides treatments using mineral waters, mud, oil and other methods.