According to modern medicine to cure psoriasis completely impossible. In multiple studies, a significant improvement in the patient's General condition is quite possible when using the tools of alternative medicine.
Home therapy has been in use for many years. Cases of dermatological disorders met even before the XIX century, when there was no modern anti-inflammatory drugs and people treated herbal remedies.So how to get rid of psoriasis with traditional methods?
The effectiveness of traditional medicine in the treatment of psoriasis
Herbal medicines have been used for centuries, as evidenced by numerous historical records. Several randomized controlled trials have also demonstrated positive results in the use of natural products for the treatment of dermatological disorders.
Depending on the substance, the main effects of traditional medicine against psoriasis following:
- Cleansing of the psoriatic cells.
- Smooth epithelial regeneration.
- Removing itching.
- To stabilize the production of sebum.
- The disappearance of the redness.
- The resolution of the pathological elements.
- The normalization of the immune status.
- Improvement skin, hydration and recovery.
- The elimination of toxins.
- Bowel cleansing.
- The sedative effect.
Please note!To improve results and effective treatment of psoriasis folk remedies it is important to know what are common alternative medicines folk medicine and what are the potential side effects or interactions can occur.
Principles home medicine
Through the use of time-tested tools, prolong disease remission is possible and in house conditions. Even a significant pathological lesions in psoriasis are much smaller and the symptoms are not greatly concerned about the patient during the application of the methods of alternative medicine.How to cure psoriasis traditional methods? In the basis of principles of domestic medicine, based on the following postulates:
- Regularity is a prerequisite for successful effect of the treatment and allows to stabilize the condition, to reduce the size of the affected area and improve overall health.
- A smooth transition from small dosage to a higher; from short-term treatments to increased over time. The main criterion here should be the condition of the patient, and the presence of visible results with the selected treatment.
- Positive attitude to success and to continuous improvement will soon feel the effectiveness of the used methods. Skepticism and disbelief in ongoing therapy reduces the quality of treatment.
- No effect on the incidence of a number of triggers. This means that this disease should be treated only by consistent improvement and reduce associated symptoms. It is important to try to exclude all possible factors, which are usually the cause of aggravation.
- All versions of national treatment of psoriasis at home become less effective during effects on the body hormones. These drugs have many side effects, and the results obtained in their application fast but don't last long, which leads to further aggravation of the pathological process.
Prevention of disease at home
As shown by clinical practice, certain traditional methods from psoriasis have greater acceptance among patients, continuing to confirm its effectiveness. Official patents and world recognition of the self is not acquired, but because of it people who suffer with psoriasis, markedly improve their health, and some of them completely forget about the unpleasant symptoms for quite a long period of time.
How to treat psoriasis at home? Knowing what factors cause a pathological condition, it is necessary to try to avoid them — this is one of the best ways to help control and prevent the aggravation of the disease.The following recommendations will facilitate the process:
- Use a moisturizing lotion. The symptoms worsen if the skin is dry, so keep it moist with creams and lotions. Thick and oil funds (for example, on the basis of vaseline) are often the best as they keep the moisture under the skin.
- Avoid cold and dry weather. Adverse climate can have a big impact on psoriasis, weighting the clinical manifestation of the condition.
- Limit the use of certain drugs. You should discuss with your doctor alternatives to treatment with lithium (used in disorders of mental health), propranolol and other beta-blockers (heart disease), indomethacin (arthritis) and anti-malarial drugs. Exacerbation of psoriasis may occur when abrupt cancellation of steroid therapy.
- Avoid infections, injuries, scratches and cuts. Obviously, most people do not have the intention to harm herself. But for patients with psoriasis especially important to avoid bruises and cuts. Skin trauma can cause the activation process to the site of injury . Infection can also induce exacerbation of the disease. Be very careful when shaving. Avoid insect bites, acupuncture and tattoos.
- The reduction of stress. Try to reduce emotional experiences. This is easier said than done, but there are some things that can help. Practice relaxation techniques, try yoga. Not be amiss to consult a therapist.
- Eliminate the alcohol. The link between alcohol and psoriasis is not entirely clear, but it is believed that alcohol can worsen symptoms, at least in men. Alcohol is also not allowed in the systemic treatment of the disease.
- Train, eat well and maintain a healthy weight. It is generally recommended eating a balanced diet high in fruits and vegetables. Playing sports can also help by improving your mood. Obesity often worsens the symptoms of psoriasis, so maintaining a healthy weight can help to prevent aggravation.
Traditional recipes for psoriasis
Psoriasis folk remedies is quite diverse, which may confuse the patient. In the fight against disease is well established, these natural medicines like:
- Vinegar (9%) and iodine. One of the simplest cures for psoriasis at home. In the first week to psoriatic must apply a bandage dipped in table vinegar during the day. The cloth should periodically in addition to "plunge" into vinegar. Next week is observed the same principle, but this time the bandage must be wetted with iodine. If necessary, repeat the two-week course in a month.
- Horsetail. The plant can be used as a "bath" for 15-20 minutes: it is necessary to achieve the infusion of 200 grams of herb to 1 liter of boiling water. During the day you can also drink horsetail tea. The course is 2-3 months.
- The propolis. Apply the product to be inside: 1-2 grams of a pure substance with no food for 2-3 months. In the place of possible damage of laying homemade ointment: for its production need 500 grams of butter and 50 grams of propolis.
- Natural carrot juice. Within 3 months, you need to drink daily one glass of juice. The effect is to improve the properties of the skin.
- Tar. This substance is one of the most popular in the treatment of dermatological disorders. Birch tar should be rubbed into the affected skin for half an hour and then wash off. The procedure should be repeated for a long time.
- Soap. Psoriatic elements are carefully processed soap, the exposure time is 10-15 minutes. The course is not restricted, and therefore the use of this technique is possible up to resolution of the pathological process.
- Kalanchoe medicinal. The recipe is simple: freshly prepared slurry from the leaves is applied to psoriatic plaques 1-2 times a day for 2-3 months.
- Sea salt. In warm water add about 500-1000 grams of salt; taking a bath should be for 20 minutes. After bathing it is important not to wipe, allowing the skin to dry yourself. Procedure can be recommended as in the period of exacerbation and during remission prophylactic.
- The copper sulfate. 100 g copper sulfate and 3 tablespoons of ordinary potassium permanganate (this means, of potassium permanganate) is added to 1, 5 liter of water. A cotton swab soaked in this solution, gently placed on the pathological lesions; exposure time — 4 hours. The therapeutic course is 10 days.
- Blue clay. Vinegar with blue clay diluted in a ratio of 3:1 and then added a large (preferably sea) salt. You need to bring to a thick consistency of sour cream. The slurry is applied to the damage to 6 hours.
- Blend of chamomile and nettle after using the shampoo that can soothe the skin, eliminate itching and flaking, you need to apply after washing hair. The addition of wormwood is characterized by a high level disinfection of the skin. The procedure can be carried out continuously as a preventative or healing task.
Ways to treat psoriasis at home are diverse. The only thing important to remember is use common sense on the principle of "What if it fails?". This is especially true for some informal advice from friends — a method that threatens the patient's condition, even the most effective, should not be applied because the cost of their own health always comes first.
It is not necessary to rush to extremes. Any folk remedy for treating psoriasis you need time to consult a doctor, learning as positive aspects and side effects of the drug.