What is psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a common chronic skin disease, characterized by the eruption of flat papules, with a tendency to merge in large plates, which very quickly covered with loose silver-white patches.
Psoriasis is characterized by periods of worsening condition (relapses) and temporal well-being, when the manifestations of the disease become less. This disease is not contagious and the patient is not dangerous to others. Because the appearance of psoriasis is not related with the micro-organisms.
A key element to psoriasis is the single wheal rose or the red, which is covered by a large number of loose silver-white scales.
As a general rule, the psoriasis does not violate the usual rhythm of life of the sick person. The only drawback – the peel and inflammatory processes in the skin. Unfortunately, curing this disease is not possible, but to suspend its development or prevent the onset of relapse is very real. To do this, you simply perform all the duties of the doctor and go through a systematic treatment in the hospital.
It is contagious and if psoriasis?
Psoriasis is absolutely not contagious. A single case of transmission of the disease from person to person is not fixed. Pathogens disease are not infection and microbes, which to others are potentially dangerous and, in white blood cells, produced by the body of the patient.
A healthy person to contract psoriasis of the patient is impossible. Psoriasis is not passed:
- After contact with skin, through the use of some items of daily use with a patient (bed linen, towels, crockery).
- Through saliva, sweat.
- Sexually transmitted diseases.
- When bedside.
- Through the blood.
Nepustuleznaya form of psoriasis
What is this? This form of the disease is different from other asthma stable. For nepustuleznoy forms of psoriasis is typical of a defeat almost the entire surface of the body. To this class belong:
- psoriasis aritrodermicheskiy
- vulgar, ordinary, or blayshkovidiy.
Ordinary psoriasis is quite often, up to 90% of psoriasis patients – this is a sick vulgar form of the disease.
As it begins to psoriasis: early signs of
In most cases, determine the psoriasis is quite simple, for the disease does not seem to the skin, pathology. Allergic precipitation have less calibration by comparison with the spots of psoriasis, in addition to the history of the disease shows that the patients who virtually do not suffer отеками of the skin, such as allergies
The initial symptoms and signs of psoriasis are different the main features of a, for which will count with the physician to establish the diagnosis:
- the emergence limited, pink patches of variable intensity;
- eruptions in the area of injury psoriatic arthritis;
- exfoliate the a large number of the epidermis of various dimensions;
- the characteristic whitish color of the bark;
- the emergence grouped dirty-white or grey scale, do not go beyond the limits of psoriatic arthritis from the point;
- the dryness of the skin.
For psoriasis are characteristic of the three distinct feature:
- "The effect stearinovogo point". When performing the scraping plates thin and transparent scales easily отслаиваются.
- "The effect of the terminal film". If you remove the scales, the skin in this place is thin, shiny, and it will be red.
- "The effect of a bloody dew". After scraping the skin defended by tiny droplets of blood.
Precise, and the only one to blame occupational diseases reveal may not, but various studies show that the disease is auto-immune, which means their dependence upon the work of the immune system.
For some strange reason, the immune cells, which protect the body against changes in malignant and penetrate in the upper layers of skin and produce substances that initiate the inflammatory process. The result of such activity it becomes proliferation – accelerated division of skin diseases of the cells.
The other theory psoriasis develops due to a violation of the life-cycle of keratinocytes.
Possible causes of psoriasis:
- Heredity. According to recent data from scientists psoriasis relate to genotipicheskim dermatozam with the dominant type of transmission.
- Violation of lipid, protein and carbohydrate exchanges. When the suspicion of psoriasis of the leather quite often manifests itself in the change of these profiles in the blood, which contributes to the development of the pathology of the cardiovascular, endocrine dysfunction and the metabolic syndrome.
- The presence of chronic infection oven in the body. When the search psoriaticheskih cards often reveals steptokokkovaya flora. On the occurrence of genetic abnormalities may affect the viral and bacterial infections, for example, tonsillitis, flu.
- Weather conditions – dry and hot weather can influence the progression of psoriasis, reinforcing the cutaneous manifestations, or on the contrary, weaken them;
- Anxiety or stress – as already mentioned above, stressful, over-voltage have a direct effect on by psoriatic arthritis of the disease;
- Skin injuries – wounds contribute to the entry of infection, and this leads to intoxication of the body due to inflammatory processes, because the emergence of psoriasis can cause a small injury, but with the condition that there are co-morbidities;
- Infection – outbreaks of psoriasis can be triggered by the presence of pathogens purulent, inflammatory areas, especially in terms of pathology in childhood.
One of the theories suggests the existence of two variants of the disease:
- Psoriasis type I is inherited if you have immune factors, suffer in this way, more than 60% of all patients with age less than 30 years, the forecast is good, the treatment is for life.
- Type II – it happens with more frequency with the age of 45 years, is not related to the malfunction of the immune system, most commonly affects nogtevye discs and joints.
The first rashes usually form in the place of wounds, scratches, obmorozheniy, burns, in areas of the body, have always been friction. They may itch, but it is not the main feature.
Begins psoriasis is expressed in the appearance of papules, which are small sizes of nodules. They have the dark pink color, to the touch dense, on the surface of the skin slightly protruding.
The initial phase of psoriasis on the skin of a barely apparent and does not cause discomfort to the patient. But it is the early treatment helps prevent severe forms of the disease, in which occurs the defeat of the nails of the hands and feet, mucosal surfaces, and so forth — articulate of a person.
According to the statistics psoriaticheskie catch most often are:
- on the external surface of the joints;
- back and stomach;
- on the front of the hip and arms.
However, on the other hand, eczema, in which the precipitation of surprise the inner part of the limbs and the folds between the toes.
Characteristics and symptoms of different forms of
Psoriasis depending on the shape has its own characteristic symptoms in the human skin.
Blyashechniy (vulgaris) is the largest part of all types of psoriasis. It is characterized by the appearance of traditional blyashek, covered with white spots grey.
- The eruptions appear in local local (on the elbows, scalp, and т. д.) through 1-2 weeks. The rash is called "guard dog" or "duty".
- Has a certain category of patients papules are converted into aritrodermiyu.
- Very rarely vulgar form manifests itself on the face and in the genital region.
Guttate psoriasis, occupies the second place in incidence and diagnosed at every tenth of a patient. In this case, there is a number of very small flares with patches on the whole surface of the body.
The greater number of eruptions occurs on the extremities. In the face guttate psoriasis manifests itself rarely. When random травмировании papules possible the formation of sores. When the aggravation of any infectious process papules dramatically increase in size.
Is not found, many times, with only 1% of the whole mass psoriasis patients have this type of disease. In most cases, the eruptions are symmetrical and are located on soles and palms. Pustuleznyi psoriasis is: generalizovanniy and located. The last form is more common than the previous one. GeneralizovanniyPustuleznyi psoriasis reeds.
Экссудативный psoriasis different from the usual the presence of scales on the blayshkah, which are formed due to the penetration of the exudate. In the group of risk of incidence according to the psoriasis, that if you fall into:
- diabetic patients,
- people with thyroid disease (hypothyroidism) and excess body weight.
Psoriasis of the nails
Psoriasis of the nails occurs in 25% of psoriasis patients. The defeat of the lps of the nail can be isolated (usually in the hands), but are usually combined with other forms and species of the disease. Your changes when the psoriasis is almost indistinguishable from such a in other skin diseases with the defeat of nails are symptoms:
- "oil stains", and "sand waves",
- painless partial detachment of the cards and the strain type of the claw of the bird" ,
- the bleeding from underneath the nail
- the complete rejection of nails and a board , that often accompanies the severe forms of psoriasis.
The treatment of psoriasis in adults
The question of how to treat psoriasis should be divided into 3 main categories: the internal use of medicines, especially medicines, door mirror consumption (ointment and т. п.) and physical therapy. Side best used as ancillary therapy of psoriasis.
No matter what are the methods of treatment of psoriasis elects a dermatologist, the maximum of effect brings an integrated approach to resolve this problem, which implies:
- the outdoor use of funds;
- the application within medicines, vitamins, dietary supplements;
- connection physical therapy procedures;
- the treatment in the spas and mineral waters, mud, infestation of leeches;
- the assignment of diet, fasting.
Nutrition and diet
The objectives that pursues the accomplishment of the diet when psoriasis are:
- the reduction in the number of exacerbations of the disease;
- the reduction of the frequency and intensity of skin rash;
- the normalization of the metabolism;
- the stimulation of the body's defenses;
- the relationships and the work of the digestive system.
We recommend that in a large number of using products that contain fiber. It activates the digestive tract, normalizes metabolism and the weight, contains large amount of vitamins, antioxidants and minerals that are needed by the body in general, and unhealthy skin when psoriasis in particular.
It is recommended the consumption:
- the whole grain bread,
- fresh fruit and juices,
- the vegetables,
- нежирные dairy products,
- the cooking oil,
- pumpkin seeds, linseed, sunflower,
- fish, birds, rabbit,
Excluded are such products:
- bakery products from flour of higher grade,
- products with artificial additives,
- alcohol and soft drinks,
- копчености and deli,
- organ meats and red meat,
- sugar, honey,
- the vegetables of the family paslenovih, citrus fruits,
- the rice,
- the fatty acids and grilled.
The power when psoriasis involves the complete elimination of all жаренных products, sweets, chocolates, confections, and all products that contain dyes and food additives.
Some products are best when consumed individually:
- Products and cereals (pasta, bread, cereal), you can mix with fruit in any form;
- Dairy products do not eat along with citrus.
- Fruit (banana, apple and melons) are used separately from the other products, preferably in a single meal.
The patient, who follows the diet when psoriasis in a short time you will notice a significant improvement in the condition of the skin, reducing the frequency of relapses and the disappearance of the itching and discomfort. In addition, healthy foods help to normalize the weight, and the work of the digestive system, changes to better the appearance of hair and nails, stimulates immunity.