Psoriasis refers to a skin musculus, relapsing nature. Today to get rid of the disease completely fails. It is also known that psoriasis is not transmitted from person to person domestic, sexual or any other way. The disease is autoimmune in nature and almost always accompanied by inflammation and peeling of the skin. Signs of psoriasis is the appearance on the patient's body psoriatic lesions in the form of red or pink plaques. Affected areas of the body in most cases covered with white or gray scales.
Causes of psoriasis are not fully understood. It is believed that the pathology occurs under the influence of various external and internal factors. Today, there are several theories that explain the possible causes of the disease. However, they are not confirmed officially, as I don't have evidence in practice.Among the possible causes of psoriasis are the following:
- Heredity. According to statistics, more than 60% of all patients who suffer from the disease, pathology is observed in close relatives by bloodline.
- A weak immune system. Scientists believe that this is the impetus for the emergence of the disease.
- The transfer of infectious diseases.
- An improper diet.
- Bad habits.
- Hypothermia, as well as climate change.
- Skin burns, in consequence of prolonged stay in direct sunlight.
- Various injuries and damage to the skin.
In addition to the skin, the psoriasis often spreads to the nails and joints. Psoriatic arthritis is one of the most severe types of pathology. During the course of disease affects the ligaments and joints of the patient, which leads to a decrease in mobility and even disability.
The first signs of psoriasis
Many patients mistakenly believe that psoriasis is able to affect not only the skin, without special danger to the internal organs. This view is mistaken. The fact that the pathology is systemic. The disease can not only cause the appearance of plaques on the body, changing the structure of nails and joints and also have a significant negative effect on the kidneys, liver, and cardiovascular system.The first symptoms of the disease may be the following:
- a feeling of weakness and discomfort;
- the emergence of chronic fatigue;
- from mental health may experience depression, anxiety, and depression.
- the hands and feet;
- the groin and underarms;
- elbows and knees;
- the folds of the skin (mainly in obese people);
- fibrous covering of the head;
- inner thighs;
Also there is no such disease as psoriasis of the nails (suffer nail), eye disease and psoriatic arthritis (changes in the structure of joints and ligaments).
Thus, what begins psoriasis? In most cases, on the patient's body, a so-called plaques. It is red inflamed spots that are a few millimeters above the surface of healthy skin. The first manifestation of psoriasis may be in the form of single lesions. On different parts can occur 2-3 plaques of small size. Further eruptions to become more intense and spread over quite large areas of skin. Feature is the symmetrical location of spots.
Depending on the nature of the rash illness in medical practice can be divided into the following types:
- Point. Here the lesions are quite small, their diameter is no more than 2-3 millimeters.
- Drip. In this form psoriasis patches reach the size of a grain of lentils. Externally, spots resemble a drop.
- Nummular. The spots have a size of coins, mostly rounded outwardly.
Symptoms of psoriasis of the scalp
Next, find out how to recognize psoriasis develops on the fibrous integuments of the person. The first signs of this disease are redness and itching. Further, the skin in the affected areas a few swells and rises in the area where quickly to receive the plaque. In the early stages of plaque much flakes and accompanied by intense itching.
It should be noted that the hair of this disease are not damaged and the view that psoriasis can cause baldness, is wrong.
During the development of the disease plaque can from the nails cover cover the forehead, temples, neck.
The manifestations of psoriasis palms and feet
Another type of disease is Palmar-plantar psoriasis. Signs of psoriasis in women and men with this form of the disease is identical. The main symptom is a strong roughness and the layering of skin cells on the palms and soles. Sometimes the pathology resembles many corns with small cracks.
Deteriorating course of the disease, mobility of the hands and feet. This causes trauma and bleeding in the affected areas.
Palmar-plantar psoriasis in most cases there is at the same time on the feet and palms, however, often found separately.
Psoriasis of the nails
Symptoms of psoriasis on the nails often lies in changing the structure of the nail plate. In medical practice it is customary to divide the nail psoriasis for several species.
- Syndrome thimble. First symptoms of psoriasis on the nails can be in the form appearing on the plate of small pits and grooves. Externally, the pattern is very similar to a thimble, hence the name.
- Onycholysis. Signs of psoriasis in men and women in the development of this form lies in the painless distortion of the nail and separation of the plate from the body of the finger. While around the nail is a characteristic pink or yellow border.
- Onihomadez. The manifestations of psoriasis there are mainly similar to Onycholysis, but the process of separation of the plates is much faster. Also distinguishing feature is the lack of edges around the nail.
- Hemorrhage. This name have bleeding under the nail plate. This is accompanied by the appearance of cyanotic and red spots under the plate. It happens because of broken capillaries under the nail.
- Trahionihiya. Is characterized by changes in the structure of the nail. The plate becomes troubled, uneven, may be foliated and crebrescunt.
Nail psoriasis may be in the form of an independent disease, but may develop on the background of other types of pathology.
Next, figure out how is psoriasis with the development of the pustular form of the disease. This type of disease is one of the most severe forms. It is found very rare and is only diagnosed in about 1% of all patients.
Starts pustular psoriasis in most cases suddenly. The body appear blisters filled with fluid. The disease develops rapidly, pustules grow rapidly, forming a fairly large lesions.For pustular forms characterized by such symptoms:
- weakness, malaise;
- can increase the body temperature;
- swollen lymph nodes;
- headaches and muscle pain;
- depression and depression.
Features of the course of psoriatic arthritis
The first signs of psoriasis in women and men with this type of pathology can be in the form of pain in the region of the affected joints, General weakness, feeling of malaise and depression.
Psoriatic arthritis is rare and is most often the result of complications of other forms of pathology.
Affects this kind of disease mainly of the phalanges, less commonly the larger joints and the spine.
Patients note severe pain, as well as changing the shape of the joints and ligaments, which is also noticeable externally. The phalanges become less mobile, edematous and distorted.
The change in symptoms depending on the stage of psoriasis
Psoriasis, the beginning of which may differ depending on the species, has several stages. Each of them has its own characteristics and features.In the medical practice of pathology is divided into three main stages:
- Progressive. Here, the patients have pronounced symptoms such as itching, flaking, irritation and soreness of the skin. At this stage, rashes appear on various parts of the body with great intensity.
- Stationary. This stage is characterized by the cessation of the appearance of plaques and a dulling of symptoms. Itching and flaking are present, as in the first stage, however, their strength is greatly reduced.
- Stage of regression. Symptoms poor. Peeling completely disappear, and psoriatic plaques begin to lighten. At this stage the skin is purified, however, can remain symptoms such as dark spots.
The duration of each of the stages can be individualized for each patient. Depends positively on the characteristics of the organism, its immune system and disease.
Despite the fact that psoriasis has many types, characterized by various symptoms, in medical practice there is still a certain concept, suitable for all forms of the disease. This so-called triad of psoriasis.To psoriatic triad include the following manifestations:
The emergence of stearic spots
For the beginning of diseases characterized by the appearance of the spots, densely covered with scales. When you try remove them, the husk easily peels off. Superficially the picture resembles stearin. Also worth noting is the increase in the intensity of peeling.
If you remove all of the scales on the patient's body exposed red smooth surface. The film is very thin and easily damaged. In clinical practice this phenomenon is called terminal films.
The third stage, the name of which speaks for itself. Drops of blood are observed on human skin after accidental or artificial removal of the film. Bloody Rosa can be observed throughout the plaque, having more intense at the edges.
The manifestations of psoriasis is quite wide. Symptoms depend on the type of disease and the individual patient. Timely access to a doctor and early diagnosis will help to get rid of unwanted manifestations of the disease and possible complications.