Stage of psoriasis is certain time intervals, and the disease acquires the characteristics. Many patients mistakenly called a severe or mild form of the disease, but to medical term used in another meaning.
What are psoriasis are stage
Psoriasis is recognized as the recurrent pathologies of the skin, the appearance of which blame genetics. According to estimates dermatologists of the disease affects at least 2% of the population, and hence the problem is very urgent. In psoriasis is clearly different 2 States:
- Relapse. This term refers to the deterioration of the skin. At relapse, the patient suffering from itching, pain, burning, abundant skin rashes, irritation and discomfort. The position of the victim is compounded by insomnia, neurosis and anxiety.
- Remission. This word is used to refer to improve appearance of the skin. In remission, the skin becomes normal color, the redness goes away, and the area of psoriatic plaques is reduced.
Stages of psoriasis partly overlap with the description of remissions and recurrences, so many dermatologists use these words as synonyms. In clinical practice, described 3 stages of psoriasis:
- progress stage;
- stage of regression.
Given that it is a cyclic process, the stages sequentially flow into each other and form a continuous course of the disease.
Fact! The most severe state of health is considered to be progress stage.
What is the progress of psoriasis?
The stage of progress triggers a number of triggers, for example, the cold season or stress. In some cases, even an experienced dermatologist can not uniquely identify the trigger. During the advanced stage the following happens:
- Psoriatic nodules develop rapidly, striking the skin, are connected into so-called plaques that flake and itch. Plaque is the spot of arbitrary shape, typically round or oval, sometimes with an uneven edge.
- Papules, that is, some nodules psoriatic rash, are a seal on the skin. Edge of papules do not peel, and the Central part – flakes. As soon as accumulates a large amount of dead skin scales and plaques begin to rise above the surface of the skin. Even more convex and rough appearance gives them the swelling.
- For this stage pathology characterized izomorfnaya reaction, which is the aggravation of rash when skin injuries, scratches, pricks, cuts, micro-injuries. This phenomenon bears the name Kobnera.
For a progressing stage of psoriasis characterized by slow reaction. In some cases, rashes on the skin appear after about 9 days after exposure to the trigger (e.g., food allergen). In a typical psoriatic rash appears within a day after exposure to adverse factors.
Interesting! 95% of patients have one or another food intolerance, which may start a recurrence. In order to avoid complications need to keep a food diary and observe the reaction of the different types of food.
Stationary and recessive stages
The stationary stage is called the period of psoriasis in which the victim's condition is relatively stabiliziruemost. When the stationary phase:
- Psoriatic plaques have a smooth contour. The entire surface of the plaque is covered with a thick layer of scales which are easily shed. Itching and discomfort concerned in moderation. Around the papules no bright red inflamed ring.
- Microtrauma of the skin is not observed phenomenon Kobnera, i.e. to comb or cut the healthy skin does not turn into plaque.
Regressing or recessive stage is characterized by a mass lesion in psoriasis. First around the papules you may notice pseudoatrophic rim, and then patients notice a rapid cessation of skin exfoliation, with the formation at the site of plaques of hyperpigmentation.
Severity of pathology
Additional diagnostic criterion is the estimation of the area of psoriatic lesions. For the description use the term "severity". Dermatologists distinguish 3 severity of skin disease:
- Easy. Psoriatic plaques take from 1 to 3% of the total area of the body. The small size of the affected areas does not mean that the patient feels good. Psoriasis of the head or face, even a pair of plaques will be sufficient to cause a person discomfort and suffering.
- Average. Of the total body volume of the psoriatic lesions is 3 to 10%. This affects the back, chest and outer surfaces of the joints, scalp, palms, and feet. Such prevalence leads to serious intoxication and severe syndrome. The patient may fully or partially deprived of work capacity, deteriorating mental condition, and nervous system.
- Heavy. The disease covers more than 10-15 % of the surface of the skin. It is estimated that if psoriasis is more than a quarter of the total area of the body, greatly increases the likelihood of hepatic or renal failure. Decompensated harm to internal organs can cause the death of the patient.
In order to comprehensively assess the severity of psoriasis uses a special scale called PASI. The scale takes into account:
- the percentage of healthy and diseased skin;
- phase pathology;
- response of patients to drug therapy;
- individual tolerability of psoriasis (mental status, complications of the nervous system and psyche);
- the objective laboratory analysis data in dynamics (for example, the amount of uric acid in the blood).
In the diagnosis takes into account all symptoms that affect the condition of the person with psoriasis. The medical card shows the intensity:
- itchy processes of the skin;
- thickening of the skin;
- the flow of blood;
- the pain syndrome.
On a scale PASI amount of cutaneous lesions described by the digits from 0 to 72, where 0 is the absence of skin symptoms, and 72 is large, the maximum possible spread of the disease.
Attention! For the patient it is first important to know and monitor signs of deterioration. With the appearance of unfavorable symptoms should immediately visit a dermatologist, as psoriasis is not always included in the stationary phase. A relapse can last for decades.
Psoriasis treatment depends on the stage
For each stage of the disease developed its own complex therapeutic interventions, so first of all, the dermatologist determines the psoriasis progresses, or regresses stabiliziruemost.
That the remission ends, each affected by psoriasis guesses at their feelings. If itching increases, the skin looks worse, and psoriasis clearly distributed on the surface of the body – need to start treatment. Therapy for advanced stage has the following features:
- The patient is prevention of further deterioration, strictly adheres to a diet, refrain from triggers of the pathological process (stress, Smoking, alcohol).
- With strong itching you can use antihistamine drugs, additional benefits of this class of drugs is to relieve swelling of psoriatic plaques.
- The dermatologist appoints a wide range of local remedies for healing, softening and thinning of the skin. By the decision of the doctor selected creams, ointments or sprays. The positive dynamics gives tar soap and solidolovye compresses. You can also apply compresses or apply cosmetics with Dead sea mud.
The main task at this stage is to stop the escalation before the disease enters into a long relapse. According to the testimony of the doctor picks up corticosteroid injections or ointments.
Attention! Corticosteroids need to use a short and intensive course under the supervision of a dermatologist. You can do injections or to smear an antihistamine ointment.
Therapy stationary and regressing stages
Further action of a dermatologist depend on the body responds to the chosen treatment. The following scenarios are possible:
- Medicines have a positive effect. Within 1-2 weeks the psoriasis is the stationary phase, regresses and begins remission.
- Medicines have no effect. If after 2-4 weeks from the date of appointment of the course of medication results are still not visible, it is a reason to change either the list of drugs, or the attending physician.
- Medicines cause deterioration. Such dynamics are also possible, especially if doses or frequency rate of reception is not enough. A relapse is delayed, psoriatic plaques cover a large area of the body, the person needs hospitalization.
In the conditions of medical institutions to use more powerful tools of therapy, for example, hardware blood purification. Under favorable reaction psoriasis included in the stationary phase, which can last from several days to several months.
Interesting! More than 80% of patients notice the seasonal nature of exacerbations. This makes the disease is predictable and allows you to prepare for the beginning of a relapse.
List of drugs in stationary and regressing stages is exactly the same, but the dosage and frequency rate of reception is less than at an advanced stage.
Remission length in 10-15 years
Competent dermatologist puts before itself the following task – to pick up such medical and physiotherapeutic means which will give to the patient as long as possible improvement. In this case the patient should strongly contribute to the treatment, avoid triggers and take medication. If the Alliance of the patient and the physician was successful, the duration of remission is unlimited. Stable good health can last 15 years or more.