Psoriasis is a noncommunicable disease and has chronic form. The disease has a character which is repeated and affects primarily the skin. Psoriasis scalp is a very common type of the disease. When it appear reddish spots with a scaly film on the surface, which are located on the head. The patient feels itching and transfers the inflammatory process.
Causes of psoriasis
The cause of the disease is considered a disruption of the normal flow of the exchange process. Psoriasis is the result of a wrong perception of our body to external factors due to which skin cells divide much faster than it should have. The exact cause of the disease is not yet established. There are several versions. But conditionally causes of psoriasis are divided into two main groups:
Wrong immune system, which is passed through the genetic line (appears not earlier than 25 years). The second type of the disease manifests only in 37 - 40 years and older. This type of psoriasis often affects joints and nails, rarely skin with hair.
The immune theory
This theory says that psoriasis can progress solely due to improper work of immune system, which is provoked by other factors:
- the use of alcohol;
- experienced stress;
- wet and cold climate;
- irrational nutrition;
The disease can affect internal organs and tissue, causing psoriatic arthritis.
It has been proven that alcohol in any form aggravates the disease and may cause aggravation.
Form of the disease
The appearance of the disease you can see in the photo, the type and scope depend on the stage. There are two main forms of disease:
- Easy. On the head there are minor irritations, covered with scales;
- Heavy. The scalp is affected completely, the plates are larger and thicker.
Photo initial stages of psoriasis of the head.
Stages of psoriasis of the head
The disease is conventionally divided into the following stages:
- Progressive. There are new signs, the old irritation of moving on (the phenomenon of Kebnera).
- Stationary. New irritation is not observed, the old will not disappear.
- Regressive. The rash gradually disappear, in their place are sometimes traces of pigment.
The disease depends on the time of year is the summer form, between seasons and sharper fall.
Symptoms of psoriasis of the skin
The first sign of psoriasis on the head - a characteristic rash. Initially this papule pinkish hue, they can be round and covered with scales. papules gradually increased occur of plaques.
Gradual symptoms of psoriasis of the head:
- In the beginning the lesions have any clinical signs of the invisible. Patients do not notice changes.
- Next, there is a slight peeling, which is accompanied by irritation and itching.
- All the process is intensified, becomes a strong itch, irritation clearly showing.
- Brushing hair causes damage to the skin wounds and abrasions.
- Skin becomes rough, large scaly plaques on the head, a plate in the ears.
- Then begins the separation of the epithelial cells of dandruff and hair loss white.
- Over time the plates become bigger, thicker, and look like white flakes, bumps appear on the head.
- The skin becomes rough, hurt her very easily.
- There are more serious signs: flaking of plaques with the appearance of grey scales that cover the head (scalp).
- The last stage output of the defeat for the hair line.
Diagnosis of psoriasis scalp
To timely and properly treat psoriasis of the scalp you need to make an accurate diagnosis.
The initial diagnosis
The diagnosis is made on the complaint of the man on the flaking, itching and inflammation. The doctor examines the patient to determine the presence of signs of psoriasis (plaque on the head, on the hair, inflammation etc.).
Symptom stearic spots: lamination skins papule eat gives whitish colour, stearic plates can fall away.
The phenomenon of terminal film: removal of a skin papule, with leaves in its place a shiny red surface.
Symptom Austrians (otherwise known as the symptom blood dew): bleeding in the form of tiny dots. If comb papule (after development, the stearic spots or other signs of terminal films) is spot bleeding.
The phenomenon Kebnera: characteristic rashes occur after approximately 10-15 days after the onset of illness.
Voronov symptom: irritation transferred to the stage of the regress, at the head of their perimeter is a plot of light skin in the form of spots.
How and what to treat psoriasis that occurs on the head
To fight psoriasis of the scalp area of the head, you can use these events:
- total therapy type;
- treatment with the use of local resources;
- physical therapy and medicinal baths;
- treatment in a sanatorium.
Drugs for the treatment of the scalp:
- gemodez (introduced with instillation);
- allergen preparations;
- antihistaminic drugs;
- pirogenal, ATP or aloe;
- aromatic retinoids various vitamins and their complexes;
- immunomodulator drugs: dekaris, leakadin. Also, it can be methyluracil, spleen and taktivin;
Use in the treatment of corticosteroid medicines or cytotoxic drugs is performed in severe forms of the disease. To use antibiotics to fight the psoriasis scalp only in the presence of infection on the skin.
Attention! Incorrect use of such drugs may worsen the course of the disease!
Drugs for the treatment of psoriasis scalp
As drugs from hitting areas of the scalp are used: keratoplastic means, for example, Ichthyol or an ointment of sulphur and tar, besides use and Naftalan and salicylic ointment; glucocorticoid mixture is used in an aggravated form of psoriasis. A very good way to treat disease is Solkoderm. Drug created on the basis of concentrates of various acids. Solkoderm looks like a solution which is applied to inflamed areas.
To treat psoriasis of the head with the help of these drugs, of course, impossible, but to use as a stimulant of the mind can:
- reducing irritability, depressive mood, social anxiety;
- improving the strength of the influence of stress;
- reducing the impact of stress on the progression of the disease;
- the restoration of the sleep;
- reducing itching (works in drugs with antihistaminic effect).
The use of these drugs is dangerous, there is a risk of exacerbation of the disease, and their transition in a new direction, impossible to control with current methods of treatment. This primarily refers to the use of funds serotonergic antidepressants (fluoxetine or its equivalent paroxetine). Antipsychotics catalyze the production of the hormone which is responsible for tissue growth and prolactin in plasma. These factors combine to impair the patient's condition and make psoriasis scalp to progress.
Shampoos as a way to fight against psoriasis scalp
To cure psoriasis shampoo one, of course, will not work, but use them as additions to total integrated therapy is highly recommended.
A folk remedy for psoriasis on head
to use traditional methods for the treatment of psoriasis of the head should be only after inspection at the doctor. We use methods such as hydrotherapy (the process, if the fish eat the psoriatic plates). But to apply such a treatment option to people who have psoriatic crown impossible.
For them, there are numerous traditional medicine. Of course, not all doctors approve of such methods of influence on the disease, but experienced doctors approve of any means that can ease the psoriasis. The most important process in the treatment of the disease exfoliation of scales. You also need to moisturize the affected skin and thereby reduce the inflammatory process.
Ointment psoriasis on the skin
Prepare the cream is a soap-based tar. To do this, do the following:
- Take two tablespoons of grated soap and mix with the same quantity of grated garlic.
- Pour the resulting mixture with a glass of water.
- Boil the resulting solution on the stove.
- Once the water evaporates and the consistency becomes similar to ointment, turn off the heat.
- After the tool has cooled down, lubricate them inflamed areas of the skin.
If no garlic, to cook the ointment possible with a soap.
To treat psoriasis scalp to be using a fish slurry (young fish scales and fish oil). But there is another way:
- Type in a tub of water (temperature from 40 degrees C).
- Pour in the water a box of baking soda.
- Then take a bath.
- Tilt your head back, so that the affected skin was in the water.
- Sit back, the procedure lasts about an hour.
Take a bath in the evening, spending more than three sessions in a row is not recommended. After waking up, lubricate inflamed areas 9 percent solution of vinegar, half diluted with boiled water.
Very desirable after drying vinegar gently smear the skin with oil. Applied with a cotton swab. Done the procedure a maximum of 2 times, the third time need to handle the skin with juice of celandine.
Salicylic oil from psoriasis of the head
The oil prepared from these components:
- the oil itself;
- for application (swab of cotton wool);
- a comb with large teeth.
Comb the hair so that from the forehead to the nape of the neck formed the middle and along the perimeter apply the oil. Applied quick and at the same time gentle movements. Further, near the first to do the second part.
Best done 6 - 7 of partings. To the oil is dispersed throughout the head, you need to do a light massage (2 - 3 minutes). Put on hair cap for swimming, after an hour of wearing wash your head with soap.
Preparation of salicylic oil.
- Acquired any vegetable oil and salicylic acid in the form of crystals.
- Pour into the container 100 ml of oil and add to it the acid.
- Mix contents.
It is very important to thoroughly mix the ointment!
Packs of chicory
The infusion of chicory can be made of these components:
- 2 tablespoons of chicory roots.
- Roots pour a glass of boiling water.
- Waiting for 15 minutes.
- Filter the infusion when it cools down.
Moisten gauze pads or slices in a solution and applied on a half-hour to the affected skin. Done the procedure a week or two in a row.
Important! Self-treatment is dangerous for your health! To get the benefits of traditional medicine, consult first with your doctor.