Mycosis is a fungal disease that most commonly occurs on human skin. But in some cases a fungal infection can affect the internal organs (deep mycoses). Age restrictions this disease there. But as the practice of medicine, most often the disease manifests itself in children and the elderly.
Fungal infection of the skin can trigger the following factors:
- a long course of medication;
- a weakened immune system;
- alcohol abuse and Smoking;
- chronic diseases of an infectious nature;
- lack of personal hygiene;
- improper diet or consumption of poor quality food.
To acquire mycosis foot or other body part in public areas, shower, swimming pool, sauna, and similar institutions. So go there only need in their Slippers and not use other people's personal hygiene items.
Methods of transmission
Fungal infection can occur in the following ways:
- through close contact with an infected person;
- appliances for manicure;
- using towels, personal hygiene items;
- via shoes;
- microtrauma of the skin.
Especially the "easily" grab the fungus to the human body with a weak immune system.
The nature of the lesion
Most often fungal organisms are striking in the following areas of the human body:
- the skin of the body;
- of the foot;
In rare clinical cases a fungal infection can affect even internal organs.
Mycoses of the skin starts to manifest itself only at the stage of progression of the disease. The symptoms of mycosis are:
- exfoliation of the affected fungal skin areas;
- severe itching;
- the formation of diaper rash, especially in the interdigital region;
- rashes in patches;
- the appearance of bubbles, which burst and dry up;
- strong exfoliation.
Athlete's foot can manifest itself not only in the form of the above mentioned symptoms. In most cases, adversely affects the toenails — they become brittle, dark in color.
Classification of mycoses
The official medicine has adopted this classification of fungal infections:
- systemic or deep mycosis – defeat of the internal organs. Often, the pathology affects the tissue and surrounding areas;
- telae — lose the skin and bones;
- epidermolisis – it affects only superficial layer of the epidermis (skin tissue);
- superficial fungus – the defeat of the scalp, squamous cells of the epidermis.
As practice shows, systemic mycosis manifests itself quite rarely and only in cases when there is a another background disease and weakened immune system.
Athlete's foot is the most common type of fungal disease. Infection most often occurs in the common areas – showers, pools, saunas. You experience these symptoms:
- itching and discomfort when walking;
- the formation of ulcers and fissures in the interdigital region;
- the skin of the foot becomes rough.
Since athlete's foot is almost impossible to diagnose in the early stages, treatment is quite complex. So at the first signs, you should immediately consult a dermatologist.
To treat athlete's foot is not recommended, as you can only aggravate the situation. Usually when you use a special antifungal ointments symptoms disappear but the disease does not go away. A relapse can occur at any time.
Mycosis of the nails
Mycosis of the nails or onychomycosis caused by yeast or fungi. The danger of this type of disease is that these fungal compounds are presented in the body of almost everyone. So under favorable for fungus circumstances, begins to develop pathological process. Fungal infection of the nails, according to statistics, diagnosed 1/10 of the total population.
The etiology of the disease the following acts:
- damage to the nail plate and okolokozhnoe sites;
- wearing tight shoes (fungal infection of the toenails);
- failure to comply with the hygiene aspects during a manicure and other similar procedures.
Treatment mycosis of nails is drug therapy combined with mechanical action. Be sure to remove the affected nail. This should be done very gently without damaging the skin. As a rule, the affected nail is present in most fungal organisms. Trauma to the skin can trigger fungal infection of the skin.
Fungal skin infections
Conventionally, the skin lesions can be attributed to shingles, as the disease is also associated with fungal organisms. Most often the fungus smooth skin of the trunk diagnosed in children and the elderly. But people of other age categories is subject to disease.
The treatment of the disease of this type in the early stages is relatively good. With the right approach and the complete course of treatment relapse occurs very rarely.
Fungal infection of the inguinal folds
Fungal infection of the inguinal folds occurs in men and women. This is a manifestation of a fungal condition due to the mold and fungal organisms. The etiology of this type of illness is caused by such factors:
- lack of personal hygiene;
- wearing narrow, synthetic underwear;
- sexual contact with an infected person.
The symptoms in this case are:
- itching in the genital area;
- the rash is red or dark brown in the groin;
- the affected area of the skin becomes bright red in color;
This type of disease does not apply to deep mycosis, therefore, treated relatively well. It is worth noting that in contrast to mycosis of the nail, the disease manifests itself almost in the first stages of the disease, and this considerably simplifies the diagnosis and treatment process.
The defeat of the scalp
Fungal infection of the scalp has a pronounced symptoms. Such a defeat by a fungus of man is expressed in the following way:
- hair in the affected area break off 1-2 mm from the skin;
- staining of red;
Fungal infections of this type is almost the same as ringworm. This files most often diagnosed in children of preschool age and older people.
Treatment should begin immediately. The disease develops rather quickly, especially in people with weak immune systems. Possible complete baldness.
Diagnosis includes a personal examination by a medical dermatologist. After ascertaining the history, performed an instrumental study. With the affected area of skin scraping taken for the study. Only after that, the doctor makes an accurate diagnosis and to appoint correct treatment.
The treatment is performed depending on the localization of the affected area. Generally practiced combination therapy:
- mechanical removal of the affected area (if it's the defeat of the nail);
- local therapy — treatment with ointments, ramis.
Be sure to remove damaged nail plate. If you do this at once is impossible, use special ointment to soften the nail. Then the nail almost painlessly removed with special forceps or scissors.
Treatment of mycosis should be done only as directed by your dermatologist. Even the use of folk remedies without the advice of a doctor is unacceptable. Even if the manifestations of the clinical picture will be no more, it does not mean that the disease is completely receded.
Prevention of athlete's foot includes the following:
- personal hygiene;
- you cannot use someone else's shoes, toiletries;
- ensure that tools in the salons were sterile;
- it is not necessary to wear tight synthetic underwear;
- you should exclude narrow shoes;
- in public areas only walk in their shoes.
Those who have already suffered a fungal infection of any type, should systematically be screened by a dermatologist. At the end of the course of treatment – not less than 3 times in a month. After this at least 3 times a year. You should also monitor the overall health and strengthen the immune system.